Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested reading one of those reports.
Pretty sure it was an article linked from this thread, but I’m not going to go back thru 25 pages to find it. IIRC, it indicated that there may have been trees obstructing the sniper’s view of the roof where the shooter was.

Regarding registering as a Republican or Democrat, it varies by state.

States with closed primaries require a voter to declare what party they identify with. Thus only Republicans can vote in a Republican primary. The same applies for Democrats.

Montana has open primaries, so you do not have to declare which party you belong to.
You have to understand that in closed Primary states, like Idaho, people often cross register to vote in the opposing primary.

The logic is to vote in the opposing party's primary for the candidate easiest for your desired, home party, candidate to beat later in the General. This has backfired and left the better qualified opposing candidate knocked out in the Primary, and the favored home party candidate knocked out in the general.

According to Ballotpedia, in Pennsylvania, you may only vote the primary ballot for your registered party. Meaning you would have to cross-register to pull this off.

Just my opinion, while Pennsylvania is a closed Primary state, this Crooks doesn't seem sophisticated enough to have made this play on his own.

Well there it is, I think any useful information from this thread has been spoken. Time to shut er down…
I haven't paid much attention to this thread today, are we still pretending the left isn't disappointed by the shooter's lack of marksmanship training?

Just my opinion, while Pennsylvania is a closed Primary state, this Crooks doesn't seem sophisticated enough to have made this play on his own.
I don't think you can draw any conclusions on motives from Crooks voter registration when as a twenty year old there is so little voting history. Crooks could have registered with the intention of voting for Trump or to vote against him.

I’ve read reports that the sniper in that diagram did not have clear line of sight to the target and that the shooter was actually killed by another sniper in a different position not shown in that picture. That might explain the greater distance. Who knows…
The SS snipers were on a building higher than Trump. If the shooter had a view of Trump, the snipers could see the shooter. With those scopes they could easily see his weapon. There is video of them firing anyway, no doubt at the shooter.

Agree. Here is the view. Roof top to trump 150. Law Enforcement Roof position sure doesn't look like 3x's the distance. Far from 488 yards as @Addicting believes it may be (not intended as an offense, addicting -I don't believe 488 is accurate). May even be closer than Trump's location to the shooter.
Agree. We'll eventually find out.

View attachment 332849
I read that distance in one of the articles. There was a story about a second team and an obstruction. But now that I think about it I bet the article mixed up yards with feet. The 488/3= 162.6 feet which makes more sense.

I read that distance in one of the articles. There was a story about a second team and an obstruction. But now that I think about it I bet the article mixed up yards with feet. The 488/3= 162.6 feet which makes more sense.
Yeah, I believe the kill team was on top of the barn roof that was further away. There were two Secret Service counter sniper teams.

You have to understand that in closed Primary states, like Idaho, people often cross register to vote in the opposing primary.

The logic is to vote in the opposing party's primary for the candidate easiest for your desired, home party, candidate to beat later in the General. This has backfired and left the better qualified opposing candidate knocked out in the Primary, and the favored home party candidate knocked out in the general.

According to Ballotpedia, in Pennsylvania, you may only vote the primary ballot for your registered party. Meaning you would have to cross-register to pull this off.

Penn and a few other states had a fairly purposeful and well publicized crossover campaign in’22 to run bad senate candidates for GOP so not rocket science.

I'll take PBS / AP over "War Zone" for media released info:

Pennsylvania State Police officials briefed reporters on the shooting investigation. FBI Special Agent in Charge Kevin Rojek said it was “surprising” that the gunman was able to fire at the stage before he was killed.

Members of the Secret Service’s counter-sniper team and counterassault team were at the rally, according to two law enforcement officials. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to discuss details of the investigation.

The heavily armed counterassault team, whose Secret Service code name is “Hawkeye,” is responsible for eliminating threats so that other agents can shield and take away the person they are protecting. The counter-sniper team, known by the code name “Hercules,” uses long-range binoculars and is equipped with sniper rifles to deal with long-range threats.

I think you're right. Nature of info released at "Social Media Speed". Haha! At one point people had an idea (HT included) he was shooting .22 rounds! Turns out they were 5.56 (current media rumblings)

Here's a good viewpoint and range that matches your thought:

Screenshot_20240715-065450.png

I mean I guess in the eastern and southern deer woods a 200 yard shot is REALLY far. I mean I know if Norm comes into the bar and tells me he shot that buck at 250 yards I know he's lieing!

Screenshot_20240715_070206_Chrome.jpg

I'll take PBS / AP over "War Zone" for media released info:

I think you're right. Nature of info released at "Social Media Speed". Haha! At one point people had an idea (HT included) he was shooting .22 rounds! Turns out they were 5.56 (current media rumblings)

Here's a good viewpoint and range that matches your thought:

View attachment 332870
Thanks for posting that. This along with the video changes my mind a bit. I still stand behind my it is not cut and dried statement.

I can see how they could have came to a lethal decision much earlier.

At 488 yards verses 557 feet the clarity of a situation is easier to identify and process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back