Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confusion over what is happening can play a role though.
I’m going with this. By the look on his face when he gets hit, it appears he takes a second to process things and then hits the deck. I’ve not listened to the audio close enough to determine if that was due to SS instructing him, or his own reaction.

Irrespective of the well discussed sniper failures, the thing I’m most confused about is why he was not surrounded sooner by USSS given that there were apparently minutes that went by with LE knowing there was a confirmed threat within striking distance.

Took him a bit longer to get down than you'd think someone following what were almost certainly SS warnings to get down would have though--most would hit the deck immediately. Confusion over what is happening can play a role though.
He also had a pain in his ear.

The majority of people (in any country, not just picking on the US) are easily influenced and not very knowledgeable on anything other than what effects them or what they can see, and will make decisions based on what stirs their emotions.

View attachment 332882

This alone will stir a lot of people’s emotions.
Don’t disagree, but I still don’t see this changing many minds. Emotions were stirred (and exhausted for many of us) long before this happened.

Don’t disagree, but I still don’t see this changing many minds. Emotions were stirred (and exhausted for many of us) long before this happened.
It won’t necessarily change votes, but it will damn sure encourage anyone that was leaning Trump to go ahead and go to the polls. Is that .25%? That might be all it takes in Michigan.

It may not change many minds, you have a point on people being entrenched. The way I think it might have an effect is on voters numbers. A large majority don't even vote. Those who support Trump will be motivated to go to the voting booths now after this I'd imagine. Whereas those who support Biden may see the writing on the wall and not even bother after his continued gaffes and obvious cognitive decline.

You guys just really need some new blood in there on both sides truthfully. Or to scrap the two-party system. Give the people some meaningful choice.

I don't know exactly how many votes this event will push towards him but it certainly isn't going to cause him to lose votes unless he says/does something regarding this topic over the next week. Like making an inappropriate joke or something regarding it at the National Convention coming up here soon.

It may not change many minds, you have a point on people being entrenched. The way I think it might have an effect is on voters numbers. A large majority don't even vote. Those who support Trump will be motivated to go to the voting booths now after this I'd imagine. Whereas those who support Biden may see the writing on the wall and not even bother after his continued gaffes and obvious cognitive decline.
Seems to me the Trump voters are already well energized and likely would have turned out anyway. To me, the biggest determinant in the Nov outcome will be whether Biden can convince people who are already leaning towards voting for him that he can be a functioning president for four more years. That’s going to require a complete 180 turnaround on his public performances, and I’m doubtful he can do it. Yeah, I know there’s many people who would question whether he’s a functioning president now - that’s not my point.

You guys just really need some new blood in thee on both sides truthfully. Or to scrap the two-party system. Give the people some meaningful choice.
Amen!

I don't know exactly how many votes this event will push towards him but it certainly isn't going to cause him to lose votes unless he says/does something regarding this topic over the next week. Like making an inappropriate joke or something regarding it at the National Convention coming up here soon.
If being caught on tape saying it’s ok to just walk up a grope women didn’t kill his chances in 2016, I can’t think of anything he could possibly say about this incident that would.

I keep hearing this, but I’d be curious to know how many people on here are changing their vote based on this incident. Seems most people are already pretty well intrenched in their opinions on both candidates and parties. I don’t see this swaying many people. Just my opinion.
The vocals are most often the entrenched, IMO. We have many vocals here who are solid Red or Blue. What we see and hear/read are not the ones who sway. Those who are easily swayed, the sheep that follow and the religious sect that Trump panders - a higher % of those who sway and those who (in the past) have back burner intent to vote - I believe they will be more inclined to vote.

That said, @Nameless Range shared in this thread or another something that rings true (as usual): My favorite President, Theodore Roosevelt was shot and pressed forward to complete his speech - He was NOT elected. Trump (and Biden) are a fraction the man TR is, IMO. The difference? Theodore Roosevelt was pushing for a third party to break America free of the Boss Party Political stranglehold. Republicans and Democrats collectively countered that opportunity.
Trump however, is the Republican within our crappy two party setting. Thus, IMO, he will gain sway voters and voters who usually do not vote.
Then again, we're talking about Trump... His tabloid style arrogance may find himself tripping over his own pee-pee. :ROFLMAO:

I placed this in the humor thread though its truth is beyond humor for this election:

1721054149286.png

Uhhhh, there are OTHER websites and other posts to read.😁
Fair enough but I’m getting them sent directly to my phone from my friends
I mean I guess in the eastern and southern deer woods a 200 yard shot is REALLY far. I mean I know if Norm comes into the bar and tells me he shot that buck at 250 yards I know he's lieing!

View attachment 332873

Lawyer Bobby Bootay. That name is amazing.

i mean, the bookmakers odds have certainly changed since saturday.

reagans failed assassination cemented him in the hearts of the american public unlike anything else. apples to oranges indeed (no pun intended), but, there are similarities in how the public views a triumphant bloodied rise from a failed assassination.

my personal opinion, i feel like this just sealed the re election 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back