Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The president told participants that Democrats ‘can’t waste any more time being distracted’ by the intraparty turmoil.

‘We’re done talking about the debate. It’s time to put Trump in the bull’s-eye,’ he said. ‘We can’t go another day, another day, without explaining what he’s doing, and we have to go after him.’”

CNN.com July 8, 2023

I wonder if there will be July 13, 2024 hearings?

Some perspective:

It is not simply a sniper. This is a web of solid repetition. Rehearsal by the collective SS operation.

Comms are set. Spotters are assessing. Snipers are lining up. Again, not simply a sniper.

The quality spotting scopes and glass used by Secret Service is epic. ***We're only speaking 150 yards!
Heck, I'm evaluating individual tines on a deer/elk at a short 150 yards with my commercial brand glass!

There's a primary lead tactical communication command. Any comms for review would immediately be sniper on line and spotters evaluating threat/no threat.

Only possible thought process was an extremely over confident SS team that believed the few buildings present were absolutely secure and protected for restricted access and barred roof access to the point they found it incredibly hard to fathom someone accessed and crawled prone, that it had to be legit...
Then, take into account, no 20 y/o holds the uniform specific markings with an easy to ID semi auto AR that comes to a position pointed towards Trump.

Again. I go back to the simple 150 yards and incredibly visible via spotting to identify the threat...

Even that is absolutely hard to believe. There are designated points and specific locations for Agents. Command leads the comms. Each member has their role.

Example: SA asks, "Where are we going?"??? This is a choreographed and rehearsed process! The location is pre vetted for vulnerable points, staging, placement and securing areas!

This isn't transport security ambushed en-route somewhere (even that is preplanned with action plans). This is a solid site. No moving buildings. It's set for them to own the field.

A 20 y/o just pulled one over on the greatest trained protective service in the world.

If you can’t hack the job, then do something different.

Back to the comment, it was said the shooter hadn’t done anything wrong up to that point.

Let me say this again, he is pointing a gun at a political figure, past president, and at that point all bets are off and it’s a FAFO situation.

Nothing more needs to be said. As soon as they found out that a guy was crawling up on a roof with a gun, agents/police should have been dispatched and taken care of it right then. Enough time elapsed easily seen in witness video. The shooter was able to get on the roof with a gun..officers/agents couldn’t do the same?
Ok tuffie.

If you can’t hack the job, then do something different.

Back to the comment, it was said the shooter hadn’t done anything wrong up to that point.

Let me say this again, he is pointing a gun at a political figure, past president, and at that point all bets are off and it’s a FAFO situation.

Nothing more needs to be said. As soon as they found out that a guy was crawling up on a roof with a gun, agents/police should have been dispatched and taken care of it right then. Enough time elapsed easily seen in witness video. The shooter was able to get on the roof with a gun..officers/agents couldn’t do the same?
Local LEO climbed onto the roof, got gun pointed at him, and dropped back down.

He didn’t miss the innocent 50 year old father trying to protect his family, getting his brains blown out. What a POS, heartless F***. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

No your first response was ignorant. This response was better but not well thought out. You have the benefit of hindsight and plenty of time to digest what you would do.

I think it has nothing to do with which candidate was on stage. I know it had more to do with the ROE, communication, clearance, and timing. I bet that the counter sniper team was frustrated and wanted to act sooner. But there are rules and my gut says they followed them. The truth will hopefully come out.
Now put yourself in SS details shoes after this incident.

Governor of Wisconsin has asked for a wider no guns allowed zone around the convention.

SS has said..... NO.

I can only imagine one reason the SS would not want that now...begs the question again of who is actually directing the situational preparedness decisions?

I was going off the facts as they were presented. In a previous post I mentioned I was curious about the timing of the events. From the cop interaction to the, prone, and first shot. If that was only a few seconds at 488 yards away they have to be clear of his intent.

The video show there was quite a bit of time. So that line that was crossed would be easier to decide.

However, person can walk around private property outside the containment zone with a rifle. The owners of that property could have done numerous things with anything 2a on their property or that roof while the rally was taking place.

It doesn’t mean you execute them because they are exercising their rights.

There is a line of no return where it goes from freedom to assignation attempt. My posts are trying to show that it isn’t as cut and dried as folks are making it out to be.

With all the expert snipers we have on here the Military and Leo communities should be flush with new applicants Monday morning.

Ok tuffie.
Why is that tough talk. It's plain and simple, if you can't do the job in that position you have no reason to be behind the gun?

Do you agree with putting people in positions where they can't handle the job, especially a job of protecting people's lives?

BTW, Addicting's original comment that I was responding to was about the shooter not breaking any laws yet and ss shouldn't have pulled the trigger first....ROE. ROE in protective detail, according to those who do it, is neutralize the threat before anything can happen, otherwise what's the point.

Some perspective:

It is not simply a sniper. This is a web of solid repetition. Rehearsal by the collective SS operation.

Comms are set. Spotters are assessing. Snipers are lining up. Again, not simply a sniper.

The quality spotting scopes and glass used by Secret Service is epic. ***We're only speaking 150 yards!
Heck, I'm evaluating individual tines on a deer/elk at a short 150 yards with my commercial brand glass!

There's a primary lead tactical communication command. Any comms for review would immediately be sniper on line and spotters evaluating threat/no threat.

Only possible thought process was an extremely over confident SS team that believed the few buildings present were absolutely secure and protected for restricted access and barred roof access to the point they found it incredibly hard to fathom someone accessed and crawled prone, that it had to be legit...
Then, take into account, no 20 y/o holds the uniform specific markings with an easy to ID semi auto AR that comes to a position pointed towards Trump.

Again. I go back to the simple 150 yards and incredibly visible via spotting to identify the threat...

Even that is absolutely hard to believe. There are designated points and specific locations for Agents. Command leads the comms. Each member has their role.

Example: SA asks, "Where are we going?"??? This is a choreographed and rehearsed process! The location is pre vetted for vulnerable points, staging, placement and securing areas!

This isn't transport security ambushed en-route somewhere (even that is preplanned with action plans). This is a solid site. No moving buildings. It's set for them to own the field.

A 20 y/o just pulled one over on the greatest trained protective service in the world.
More likely they weren't allowed to do their job in the first place.

Some perspective:

Wasn’t it 488 yards the team shot from?

I was going off the facts as they were presented. In a previous post I mentioned I was curious about the timing of the events. From the cop interaction to the, prone, and first shot. If that was only a few seconds at 488 yards away they have to be clear of his intent.

The video show there was quite a bit of time. So that line that was crossed would be easier to decide.

However, person can walk around private property outside the containment zone with a rifle. The owners of that property could have done numerous things with anything 2a on their property or that roof while the rally was taking place.

It doesn’t mean you execute them because they are exercising their rights.

There is a line of no return where it goes from freedom to assignation attempt. My posts are trying to show that it isn’t as cut and dried as folks are making it out to be.

With all the expert snipers we have on here the Military and Leo communities should be flush with new applicants Monday morning.
The minute that guy ran through the crowd, across the grass, and to that roof it should be clear to anyone with half a brain nothing good was going to happen.

You can nitpick and pull out all kinds of scenarios but it's probably good he was removed from gene pool, I know that's harsh, but that is life. You go running around a presidential rally like that with a gun and you get what you deserve.

yet and ss shouldn't have pulled the trigger first
That is completely not true, I never said that.
Also, we are a country of laws and due process. What crime had the shooter committed prior to the break of the trigger? He made no verbal threat, doesn’t sound like he told anyone his intent. At most he committed trespassing and maybe some misdemeanor gun handling law by pointing at someone.

That’s hardly justification for instant lethal force when there are police trying to intercept him on the roof.

To be the one to make that call prior to the break of the trigger would be second guessed by the world.

The point of the post was summarized in the last paragraph. It’s a decision that has major consequences no matter which way the decision is made.

Why is that tough talk. It's plain and simple, if you can't do the job in that position you have no reason to be behind the gun?

Do you agree with putting people in positions where they can't handle the job, especially a job of protecting people's lives?

BTW, Addicting's original comment that I was responding to was about the shooter not breaking any laws yet and ss shouldn't have pulled the trigger first....ROE. ROE in protective detail, according to those who do it, is neutralize the threat before anything can happen, otherwise what's the point.
Everyone thinks they're capable of making perfect decisions all day long, but that's just not the reality. I don't care how much training, how much practice, how much you think you're prepared, how many scenarios you run, it always changes in the moment.

Should have been you on the rooftop behind the trigger and everything would have went perfect.

My posts are trying to show that it isn’t as cut and dried as folks are making it out to be.
Well said. At this juncture there seems to be more in question and more details unknown than we have learned as known to be solidly factual.

I have much respect for those on this forum who serve us presently in law enforcement or who have in the past. Unfortunately posts from significantly more others are merely uninformed conjecture, not based on experience in training or in the field.
It reminds me of those keyboard commandos and wannabe warriors who tell military combat veterans what they should have done and how they should have bravely faced challenges in the field ... without a clue regarding the mental, emotional, and instinctive dynamics of facing critical, life threatening environments.
Everyone thinks they're capable of making perfect decisions all day long, but that's just not the reality.
Yes, and sadly too many of us on this forum think we're the smartest guy in the room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulcedom
Back