Caribou Gear

Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw something that said he was bullied badly. Looks like a ‘nerd’.
What does someone looking like a “nerd” have to do with this?

This kid has zero prior run-ins with the law. Let’s not stereotype the kid. He obviously had some issues but his appearance shouldn’t be a red flag to anyone.

If I understand correctly, he went to HS there. And sounds like he waited to get into position after the rally had started.

But definitely a massive failure. If the idiot who got kicked off the rifle team could do this, what could a trained team of terrorist do?
I guess he knew, or got lucky, on which building would not be guarded.

I was in DC for the fourth near the Whitehouse. I did not know which buildings were guarded. I could just see red dots and sometimes snipers when fireworks lit them up.

What does someone looking like a “nerd” have to do with this?

This kid has zero prior run-ins with the law. Let’s not stereotype the kid. He obviously had some issues but his appearance shouldn’t be a red flag to anyone.
There are a lot of people that just have a hard time fitting in, especially at that age. He has barely lived life and he went to this level.

Trump's shooter was spotted outside the event by local law enforcement, acting suspiciously near the walk-through metal detectors, according to a senior official. They put out a call over the radio to keep an eye on him, and that information was passed on to the Secret Service.

Source: CNN

Just my opinion on the matter but personally I wouldn’t have cared if that guy had been on the roof of a high school homecoming event with a rifle he should have been put down before getting a round off. Let alone in this venue

I wonder if the roof top team had him but had to wait for ROE before lethal action.
The SS snipers should have had the rules of engagement drilled into their brains long before they got on roof to protect Trump. They had to have seen the shooter beforehand. I just hope the public will get the truth once the investigation is complete. I also hope the FBI is augmented with other agencies so the whole truth is released regarding this unfortunate breach of secutity.

Just my opinion on the matter but personally I wouldn’t have cared if that guy had been on the roof of a high school homecoming event with a rifle he should have been put down before getting a round off. Let alone in this venue

If you are the supervisor or SS sniper where is the line of no return?

From the time he had the interaction with the officer on the roof and the first shot, how many seconds elapsed? As the sniper that’s when you get to weight out his fate.

You will have to answer to this to the world. In no way was any of this an easy decision to make. We all have the benefit of not making that decision and hind sight today.

If you are the supervisor or SS sniper where is the line of no return?

From the time he had the interaction with the officer on the roof and the first shot, how many seconds elapsed? As the sniper that’s when you get to weight out his fate.

You will have to answer to this to the world. In no way was any of this an easy decision to make. We all have the benefit of not making that decision and hind sight today.
I have absolutely zero training in your world. That being said a man with a gun on a roof over a crowd of people be shot before you have a Las Vegas type of event

The SS snipers should have had the rules of engagement drilled into their brains long before they got on roof to protect Trump. They had to have seen the shooter beforehand. I just hope the public will get the truth once the investigation is complete. I also hope the FBI is augmented with other agencies so the whole truth is released regarding this unfortunate breach of secutity.
Same question as above. How do we know he wasn’t following his ROE? Especially if that 3 minute post was real.

It’s not like our Government to have simple easy to follow protocols that the end user is free to make judgment calls on.

I have absolutely zero training in your world. That being said a man with a gun on a roof over a crowd of people be shot before you have a Las Vegas type of event
I would hope, but he was on private property, outside the SS enforcement zone, and has a 2nd amendment right. There is a line that has to be crossed and where it is at is not clear till the first trigger drop. Especially with all of the negative LEO media hype we have had for the last decade.

Also, we are a country of laws and due process. What crime had the shooter committed prior to the break of the trigger? He made no verbal threat, doesn’t sound like he told anyone his intent. At most he committed trespassing and maybe some misdemeanor gun handling law by pointing at someone.

That’s hardly justification for instant lethal force when there are police trying to intercept him on the roof.

To be the one to make that call prior to the break of the trigger would be second guessed by the world.
No point wasting time/money on counter snipers if they aren’t
going to take the first shot. Frankly, after the shooter takes his shot I would rather have him a live and in custody to unravel the mess than just have him dead to little effect.

No point wasting time/money on counter snipers if they aren’t
going to take the first shot. Frankly, after the shooter takes his shot I would rather have him a live and in custody to unravel the mess than just have him dead to little effect.
Maybe I misread that, but if they hadn't shot him do you think we would not have kept firing?

Maybe I misread that, but if they hadn't shot him do you think we would not have kept firing?
I know that is an additional reason, but they aren’t there to protect the crowd they are there to protect the high value target - and that only requires one accurate shot to succeed. They have to take the first shot when the shooter is in position and has a rifle up.

I would hope, but he was on private property, outside the SS enforcement zone, and has a 2nd amendment right. There is a line that has to be crossed and where it is at is not clear till the first trigger drop. Especially with all of the negative LEO media hype we have had for the last decade.
Climbing onto a rooftop and sighting a rifle at a group of people seems pretty clearly to be over the line to me.

I know that is an additional reason, but they aren’t there to protect the crowd they are there to protect the high value target - and that only requires one accurate shot to succeed. They have to take the first shot when the shooter is in position and has a rifle up.
Hard to say. Once firings starts don't really care if the "high value " target is safe or not. They should be eliminating the threat.

Climbing onto a rooftop and sighting a rifle at a group of people seems pretty clearly to be over the line to me.
Yes, from a hindsight perspective. I am curious what the time elapsed was from that police interaction to when he went prone and the trigger broke.

If there was time to digest it, get the green light, and execute. Or if it was like that flight landing in the Hudson. Where no matter how you skin the procedure there just isn’t enough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulcedom
Back