Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a really dumb question. I have voted in every election since I was 18 local to presidential. Not always the same party. What makes one registered? Is that something you sign up for somewhere? At the booth?
The issue is the kid was 20 years old. He hasn't even voted in a presidential election yet. It's crazy that you don't need an ID to vote, but somehow this kid was a "registered" Republican. Great question.

I have a really dumb question. I have voted in every election since I was 18 local to presidential. Not always the same party. What makes one registered republican or Democrat? Is that something you sign up for somewhere? At the booth?
Some states require people to register with their political party, some states don't.

If you don't think that the SS is playing by different rules, then you're sadly mistaken.

An unauthorized kid crawling on a rooftop 150 yards from the former president with a rifle is more than enough justification to take the shot. Welcome to the United States, where you don't have to watch someone get shot in the head before taking action.

For instance. Minnesota law allows a person to use deadly force if the individual reasonably believes that the person or another person is at risk of great bodily harm or death. Now you have a duty to retreat, and it has to be the only viable option as well. In this case, there's no logical reason the kid would be up there with a rifle if it wasn't to attempt an assassination on Trump.
Not exactly hunting tree squirrels

The issue is the kid was 20 years old. He hasn't even voted in a presidential election yet. It's crazy that you don't need an ID to vote, but somehow this kid was a "registered" Republican. Great question.
Yah. I wasn't even making that point but I see what you mean. I was just trying to figure out where I missed that along the line somewhere.

Regarding registering as a Republican or Democrat, it varies by state.

States with closed primaries require a voter to declare what party they identify with. Thus only Republicans can vote in a Republican primary. The same applies for Democrats.

Montana has open primaries, so you do not have to declare which party you belong to.

Not exactly hunting tree squirrels
To waltz into a political rally with a rifle is a death wish. I can't confirm, but I bet almost all hunting seasons are closed there.
Yah. I wasn't even making that point but I see what you mean. I was just trying to figure out where I missed that along the line somewhere.
Just ironic what some states keep track of, but then say no voter ID 🤷

Also, we are a country of laws and due process. What crime had the shooter committed prior to the break of the trigger? He made no verbal threat, doesn’t sound like he told anyone his intent. At most he committed trespassing and maybe some misdemeanor gun handling law by pointing at someone.

That’s hardly justification for instant lethal force when there are police trying to intercept him on the roof.

To be the one to make that call prior to the break of the trigger would be second guessed by the world.
YGTBFKM

How did he know which building to use and how did he get the gun there?
If I understand correctly, he went to HS there. And sounds like he waited to get into position after the rally had started.

But definitely a massive failure. If the idiot who got kicked off the rifle team could do this, what could a trained team of terrorist do?

That was an excerpt from the X post. He copy and pasted and should have used “s! 🤣😂 I clicked the link and read the real thing so I figured that out…
Actually it's from direct testimony to congress by one of his former staffers while he was president. MULTIPLE news sources can verify. 2 second google search can verify.

Can I say his crowd had many armed people?

I don't know. I have faith the secret service and local LEO's would want nothing to do with that.

I have some faith the local LEO's or at least the secret service wouldn't mess up as bad as so many in this tread are accusing them of. Or worse--some have implied they did it intentionally.

But the thing is--Trump himself had told secret service to allow armed people into on of his speeches before--over the strong objections of secret service.

So I do not have faith they were allowed to do the job they wanted to as Trump has prevented them from doing so in the past.

I'm not making stuff up regarding the past experience in matters closely related to this. Trump ordered the secret service to let armed supporters into an event with him over their objections.

If there was a slight delay or some reluctance to shoot the shooter, it certainly could be due to their experience with Trump supporters being armed and Trump wanting them allowed into his event and left alone before.

While visiting with my sister, earlier today, she wondered if given it was a campaign venue, the normal lead time and resource planning is more limited, due to the fluid nature of campaign stops.

Candidates are deciding on fairly short notice where to campaign, depending on what their internal polling is telling them.

And the shooter… 20 years old… his parents never saw any red flags in 20 years ?!?!? The shooter just spent at least 12 years in school !! Not one teacher and not one Counselor saw any red flags with this guy ?!?!? COME ON !!!!!
I saw something that said he was bullied badly. Looks like a ‘nerd’.

While visiting with my sister, earlier today, she wondered if given it was a campaign venue, the normal lead time and resource planning is more limited, due to the fluid nature of campaign stops.

Candidates are deciding on fairly short notice where to campaign, depending on what their internal polling is telling them.
I posted a tweet further up. Says they only one day for the advance team to prep the site and a lot of assets were at a Jill Biden event in Pittsburgh. So your sister is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulcedom
Back