Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys/gals train non-stop. Repetition, repetition, repetition.
Absolutely zero ROE other than a LEO confronted with such may take lethal action to stop the threat.
Forget the "minority" card ,etc.
Define the threat, that has to be justified. Even when it is you will still be on trial of public opinion.

That opinion has shaped department policy and ROE. For you to say it’s not you are not being true with yourself.

Also, we are a country of laws and due process. What crime had the shooter committed prior to the break of the trigger? He made no verbal threat, doesn’t sound like he told anyone his intent. At most he committed trespassing and maybe some misdemeanor gun handling law by pointing at someone.

That’s hardly justification for instant lethal force when there are police trying to intercept him on the roof.

To be the one to make that call prior to the break of the trigger would be second guessed by the world.
Dumbest thing I've read today, still early though. Carry on.........

Define the threat, that has to be justified. Even when it is you will still be on trial of public opinion.

That opinion has shaped department policy and ROE. For you to say it’s not you are not being true with yourself.
Screenshot_20240714-173057.png

If a LEO lives / operates with hesitation to protect life of self or others...

Secret Service is under DHS. That is an excerpt from our most recent force policy.

Well, according to a friend that was SS for quite some time and currently spends his days in the pentagon, when someone is pointing a gun at a Presidential candidate he should be dispatched immediately. According to him the candidates life is worth more than anything else at that moment. He said ROE is a whole lot different for SS than it is for war.

I think if they had shot preemptively, with the man having a rifle, on a roof, 150 yards from a presidential candidate, it would be viewed as an appropriate response.

It would take one helluva lawyer to sell a justification for being on a roof with a rifle, when the candidate was ~150 yards away. I doubt Johnny Cochran could do it, if he was still around.

So it makes no sense to me: why wait to take a shot AFTER the gunman pulls the trigger several times... unless, of course you are wanting him to be successful before you take him out. That way it appears you did something to "protect" who you were there to protect.
Exactly. At the very least if they were unable to confirm, get the former president off of the stage immediately.

In one of the interviews on the tmz story, the one guy said that he saw the shooter crawling in to position and was alerting police and secret service, but no one did anything.

Secret Service agents, both current and retired, told The Post that they are in shock at how badly Trump’s outer rings of security appeared to fail. They note that the inner perimeter of Trump’s security, the agents in his immediate detail, performed rapidly once shots rang out and evacuated Trump to safety upon confirming the shooter had been killed and was no longer a threat.
“How the f--- did he get a gun that close,” one former Secret Service officer opined in a series of exchanges with colleagues yesterday reviewed by The Post. The response he received from a fellow agent was “resources.”
Some watching videos of the shooting pointed to the outer ring of security as the gaping flaw. A well-respected counter sniper agent ultimately killed the suspected shooter within seconds of him firing.
“This is bad. Just terrible,” said one former senior leader of Secret Service presidential protection, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the agency. “When the incident occurred I was baffled when I heard the distance of the shot ... How could that happen?”

Exactly. At the very least if they were unable to confirm, get the former president off of the stage immediately.

In one of the interviews on the tmz story, the one guy said that he saw the shooter crawling in to position and was alerting police and secret service, but no one did anything.
Local LEO climbed up to the top of the building, using both hands, so no gun drawn. The shooter looked at him and the LEO ducked back down. Then the shooter started shooting.

Good thing a Democrat tried to shoot the president. If it was a Republican, Biden would not have made it.

Well, according to a friend that was SS for quite some time and currently spends his days in the pentagon, when someone is pointing a gun at a Presidential candidate he should be dispatched immediately. According to him the candidates life is worth more than anything else at that moment. He said ROE is a whole lot different for SS than it is for war.
Maybe so, that brings up the question again of why wasn’t he shot at the first chance they had. By the video and reaction time he was in cross hairs before the initial trigger broke.

Maybe so, that brings up the question again of why wasn’t he shot at the first chance they had. By the video and reaction time he was in cross hairs before the initial trigger broke.
I’m thinking the sniper team we see the image of wasn’t the team that took him out. The team from the image possibly didn’t have line of site to the shooter.

If you don't think that the SS is playing by different rules, then you're sadly mistaken.

An unauthorized kid crawling on a rooftop 150 yards from the former president with a rifle is more than enough justification to take the shot. Welcome to the United States, where you don't have to watch someone get shot in the head before taking action.

For instance. Minnesota law allows a person to use deadly force if the individual reasonably believes that the person or another person is at risk of great bodily harm or death. Now you have a duty to retreat, and it has to be the only viable option as well. In this case, there's no logical reason the kid would be up there with a rifle if it wasn't to attempt an assassination on Trump.

Dumbest thing I've read today, still early though. Carry on.........
This really aided the conversation. Your in-site into this shooting opened my eyes. Now that I fully understand, I can go in peace knowing how it all makes sense. Thankyou so much for that.

If you don't think that the SS is playing by different rules, then you're sadly mistaken.

An unauthorized kid crawling on a rooftop 150 yards from the former president with a rifle is more than enough justification to take the shot. Welcome to the United States, where you don't have to watch someone get shot in the head before taking action.

For instance. Minnesota law allows a person to use deadly force if the individual reasonably believes that the person or another person is at risk of great bodily harm or death. Now you have a duty to retreat, and it has to be the only viable option as well. In this case, there's no logical reason the kid would be up there with a rifle if it wasn't to attempt an assassination on Trump.
We all have rules, even the SS. You may be right, It will come out in the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulcedom
Back