Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all speculation.

I agree it's not a good look. But this is Trump. He has a history. His crowds have a history.

Probably a nightmare to provide security for based on past actual history.

In your former job did diplomats refuse to follow your own instructions?

Again security can only be as good as they are allowed to be by those they are protecting.
Are you serious? Surely not

This is terrible. I’m in bed sick on a weekend in the summer, and all my social media feeds are filled up with shit I don’t care about. Why couldn’t this happen on a weekend where I had better shit to do that just look at my phone?
Uhhhh, there are OTHER websites and other posts to read.😁

A unidentified suspect on a roof top pointing a long rifle at the US (ex) president at a rally represents a clear and eminent danger in my eyes.
So does a minority kid pointing a gun at cops and it gets national news and riots when they take lethal action. While I agree with you that is not what all Americans think. Because of that there are a lot of hesitations in policy and ROE.

A unidentified suspect on a roof top pointing a long rifle at the US (ex) president at a rally represents a clear and eminent danger in my eyes.
Are you making the assumption that the SS had positively identified he had a rifle before a shot was fired?

It’s easy to second guess afterwards but these types of emergency situations are very rare. The SS doesn’t want to kill innocent civilians.

Are you making the assumption that the SS had positively identified he had a rifle before a shot was fired?

It’s easy to second guess afterwards but these types of emergency situations are very rare. The SS doesn’t want to kill innocent civilians.
They had a 30x scope on the shooter at 150 yards. Yes, they knew he had a gun.

I look at it like this. NONE of us were there. All we have is what we get from the various news sources. It's easy to ask questions and speculate about things or criticize, but until it gets explained and answered by the people that know those things we're just making noise. The facts may take longer than we like but they will eventually come out.
So do we need to wait six months and discuss it later? Of course, what you say is true. But we are discussing the news of the day.

Curious to hear from those with LEO experience. In the image below, one of the countersnipers is wearing a vest that says "Police." Would that mean he is with a local SWAT team that Secret Service worked with for this event, or is that what a SS countersniper would be wearing?

I suspect that answer would be answered as part of the investigation. Just curious and wondered if any of the LEOs here would know.

Screen Shot 2024-07-14 at 2.35.21 PM.png

Curious to hear from those with LEO experience. In the image below, one of the countersnipers is wearing a vest that says "Police." Would that mean he is with a local SWAT team that Secret Service worked with for this event, or is that what a SS countersniper would be wearing?

I suspect that answer would be answered as part of the investigation. Just curious and wondered if any of the LEOs here would know.
Dark letters under police say secret service.

View attachment 332804
Have to zoom way in

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240714_144714_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240714_144714_Chrome.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 7

View attachment 332804
Most of the Secret Service agents have "Police" on their tac vests (save the Presidential Detail in Suits and Ties). The word "Police" is pretty generic and most people understand what it means and that's why they do that. It also says secret service under the Police patch.

And the shooter… 20 years old… his parents never saw any red flags in 20 years ?!?!? The shooter just spent at least 12 years in school !! Not one teacher and not one Counselor saw any red flags with this guy ?!?!? COME ON !!!!!

Also, we are a country of laws and due process. What crime had the shooter committed prior to the break of the trigger? He made no verbal threat, doesn’t sound like he told anyone his intent. At most he committed trespassing and maybe some misdemeanor gun handling law by pointing at someone.

That’s hardly justification for instant lethal force when there are police trying to intercept him on the roof.

To be the one to make that call prior to the break of the trigger would be second guessed by the world.

Interesting that the sniper in question doesn’t appear to be wearing a headset like the one beside him. Maybe he has an ear piece in the other ear. Other dude’s earpiece doesn’t seem to be in his ear.

always good reason to give some benefit of doubt. current speculation is the sniper team showed in the video is Counter Sniper Team 2, which it may appear did not have direct line of sight on shooter due to a tree. the speculation is that Counter Team 1 neutralized the shooter after locating the shooter after shots rang out.

Let's not be too quick to judge the sharp shooters/snipers.

I've personally been in situations where I wasn't allowed to shoot at an obvious bad guy based on my rules of engagement and that was in the middle of butt fack nowhere Afghanistan, not the US.

Someone will be thrown under the big incoming bus soon enough.

This is all speculation.

I agree it's not a good look. But this is Trump. He has a history. His crowds have a history.

Probably a nightmare to provide security for based on past actual history.

In your former job did diplomats refuse to follow your own instructions?

Again security can only be as good as they are allowed to be by those they are protecting.
That was an excerpt from the X post. He copy and pasted and should have used “s! 🤣😂 I clicked the link and read the real thing so I figured that out…

Let's not be too quick to judge the sharp shooters/snipers.

I've personally been in situations where I wasn't allowed to shoot at an obvious bad guy based on my rules of engagement and that was in the middle of butt fack nowhere Afghanistan, not the US.

Someone will be thrown under the big incoming bus soon enough.
I didn’t know you served Sasky! Thank you!— from a guy who didn’t have the guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back