Caribou Gear

Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you hear the female SS shouting “what are we doing” after they converged on Trump? They were not prepared or well trained. You have an evacuation plan in place and if needed you execute the plan, not huddle on the X.
90 seconds until the moved off stage

Respectfully Addicting, how did this disturbed young man whom had already blipped security radar navigate to an obvious perch and present arms to aim, and fire rounds to kill 1 and wound 3. Kudos to the SS near Trump and the SS shooters but command and control have serious questions to answer. That’s not late QB’ing…simply intuitively obvious. No?

He should have been…. I don’t know the why of why he wasn’t. That the investigation will uncover.

I do know that interagency coordination amongst several different agencies in rural America is as challenging as it gets. This event will help hopefully fix some of the shortcomings that happened. But for the Monday morning crowd to bash and especially this female is absolutely wrong, and I am getting sick of it. In this thread she has been called Fat so far and people are focusing on her actions.

Nothing she did or didn’t do would change anything and unless they are in her exact shoes they shouldn’t be judging.

My post earlier was not targeting male vs female security, only to identify the person who was talking.

imo, once the shots were fired, the SS did pretty well. I'll compliment Trump on his awareness. He hit the deck pretty quickly, making him much more difficult to see.

There will be a thorough investigation. They will identify many mistakes. The problem is while it will explain this incident, it won't apply in the future. It always comes back to we are not perfect, in any regard. We can get really good, but not perfect.

There might have been similar lapses in security at earlier campaign rallies. What was absent, was the person with evil in their heart, seeing an opportunity and seizing it.

Beginning with Julius Caesar and likely before, being a powerful politician is a very dangerous life's calling. Four of our presidents have been killed while in office. Three others have been shot but not killed, while in or out of office. There have been numerous other threats or close calls.

What is the point of your question? You asked it, then answered it, then threw out some other random comment. You have no idea if Trump rejected any security protections. No reason to act like he may have created the problem. Carry on though.
Per testimony from his own staff, he was told his supporters were bringing guns to his speech rally on Jan 6th, warned by secret service, and told them (swearing removed) "I don't ##! care if they have weapons, they aren't here to hurt me. Let my people in!"

Security is only as good as the people being guarded allow them to be.

Last edited:
I wonder if the roof top team had him but had to wait for ROE before lethal action.
I could see the ROE before lethal action taken, however they could have elevated posture and reacted numerous ways before roe escalated to lethality. There are still options to respond and challenge the perceived threat... what if all they had to to was $*)Q!#@$ yell at the dude.

I could see the ROE before lethal action taken, however they could have elevated posture and reacted numerous ways before roe escalated to lethality. There are still options to respond and challenge the perceived threat... what if all they had to to was $*)Q!#@$ yell at the dude.
I bet that comes down to communication. I wonder how many of the agencies were on the same frequency.

I would bet the lag in communication across services was a key culprit in the SS initial presidential podium response lag. They said the shooter was out of the SS responsible zone. Local and State Leo were likely working it.

The fast response of the sniper was great, that makes me think he had him marked but did not have the clearance to engage.

This is terrible. I’m in bed sick on a weekend in the summer, and all my social media feeds are filled up with shit I don’t care about. Why couldn’t this happen on a weekend where I had better shit to do that just look at my phone?

Exactly my point and thanks for the On X location of my body parts. You are an excellent human no matter what other people say.
You must shoot a Remington cause your missing the point.

Talking shit on those secret service like they didn’t have a plan is disrespectful to those who put their lives in danger.

You can also stop harassing me on the private message function. I called you out for your bull shit and disrespect. Get over it and grow up.

Edit: I deleted my heavy handed comment calling out the disrespect that in itself was disrespectful. I sorry

You must shoot a Remington cause your missing the point.

Talking shit on those secret service like they didn’t have a plan is disrespectful to those who put their lives in danger.

You can also stop harassing me on the private message function. I called you out for your bull shit and disrespect. Get over it and grow up.

Edit: I deleted my heavy handed comment calling out the disrespect that in itself was disrespectful. I sorry
Trying to keep it above juvenile, which is where you are trying to go.
No disrespect to those doing the job. They have a leader that has the responsibility for their preparation and planning. The audible confusion the mic picked up was my target.

I will speak slower so you can keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulcedom
Back