MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, many posters to this thread do not even know who John Hinckley jr was. I remember watching the coverage of the Reagan shooting unfold much like this incident is.

A lot of snark on this thread. None of it helping the situation we find ourselves in.

I spent my afternoon with some very upset younger people. My civic duty was assuring them that Republic will stand. In my lifetime there have been several political assassination attempts, some successful. Who knows how many were thwarted and never made the news.

So, no, we are NOT better than this. We never have been. It is illogical to believe otherwise.

For those complaining that ""things don't add up." Of course they don't.
1. For some they never will. No matter the outcome of the investigation, some will say they know the "Real Truth". WTF that is.
2. Since there are so many unknown variables in the equation, how is one to solve it? Let the investigation fill in a few more of those variables before throwing the red flag. Some of the variables now assumed to be true will be shown to be conjecture. New facts will fill in the blanks.
I agree; but at the same time, I think it’s a sad state when it’s hard to trust anything the FBI comes up with as actually being factual. Their tract record as of late isn’t exactly stellar

Glad DJT is OK, but watching videos on X, something is seriously wrong with SS. As posted, bystanders spotted shooter, SS did not; Mayorkas "doesn't know" if drones were employed.

And sorry, this diversity for diversity's sake stuff has to end. That fat woman struggling with her holster in no way should be guarding a Presidential candidate. Former SEALs, Marine Recon, Rangers, FBI HRT or other FBI Operators, something which weeds out the weak. HRT or Ranger tabbed women welcome.

And RFKJr. should have SS protection TODAY.

And this "end of Democracy" rhetoric needs to stop from both sides.

Nice to see people recognize that making unsupported accusations that happen to match a pre-determined, media fueled bias helps so much in this case.
Fugg off... No flipping bias.

Knock off your child-like accusations over bias crap.
I've made it clear multiple times Trump is a tabloid lying loud mouth that SHOULD NOT be the best pick Republicans serve have nor voters should elect... At the same time Dementia Biden is a laughing joke to be considered the best pick Democrat leaders serve nor voters should elect.

I agree; but at the same time, I think it’s a sad state when it’s hard to trust anything the FBI comes up with as actually being factual. Their tract record as of late isn’t exactly stellar
Again, historical perspective is important. Something I have come to have more of than I would like, actually.

Prefacing this with "In My Humble Opinion" lest some say I am trying to create facts. -
From J. Edgar Hoover's witch hunts all the way down to "The Mormon Murders" (A book I highly recommend.), Ruby Ridge, and Waco; there has never been any reason for the once impeccable reputation of the FBI. They are an organization made up of humans just like us. They are subject to the same foibles, biases, and failings. They have stars and they have black sheep.

So as to quiet the conjecture related to the partisanship of the shooter:

Crooks was a registered Republican, according to voting records, but he only participated in the Nov. 8, 2022, state election, due to his age. Records show that he made a $15 donation to Progressive Turnout Project, a Chicago-based political action committee that supports Democrat candidates for public office and claims to advocate for "key Democratic constituencies: young people, minorities and low-income people."

If someone used that as motivation to shoot somebody, they have extreme mental health issues. I'm no Joe fan, but all sides use rhetoric like like that, quite a stretch for someone to take it literally. Sounds like this shooter was hell bent on being famous. Hell, he could be a republican for all we know. .
He was Deranged and specifically targeted Trump. How a person can get on top of a white rooftop sticking out like a sore thumb and get off shots is unbelievable. The failure on security all the way from top to bottom is just unbelievable. Obviously some people need to lose thier jobs. Edit
.... investigate as well to be 100% sure the shooter wasn't shot until after he was able to take shots. That's how far the incompetence goes on this and it's not irrational to question anything about this.

Last edited:
Unbelievably colossal security fail...

Undoubtably so. It kind of points to the imperfection of humans. It seems so obvious that a rooftop inside 150 yards is an area of high concern. Some how it was neglected. A young man, took his chance and by the grace of God, he failed in his mission.

Undoubtably so. It kind of points to the imperfection of humans. It seems so obvious that a rooftop inside 150 yards is an area of high concern. Some how it was neglected. A young man, took his chance and by the grace of God, he failed in his mission.
Should’ve been an element of the security team on that rooftop. Bad plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back