Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A thorough investigation is obviously in progress, with heightened news media coverage. Let's learn real factual information and analysis by those with the proper expertise before blathering about flavor-of-the-week conspiracy theory!
What conspiracy theory? I'm just saying it's seems strange that IF it was that close. That was exactly my point that what is being reported didn't add up. Not "blathering" anything. 🙄

Last edited:
Not "blathering" anything.
OK, but point being when making a statement please clarify that it's an opinion, conjecture, or your theory rather than expressing it as fact. That sort of expression as "things don't add up" seems to readily be accepted and elaborated on by those inclined to perpetuate conspiracy theories.
When conjecturing or questioning about things not "adding up", a phrase "in my opinion" or " I think" clarifies and applies reasonable limits to statements.

OK, but point being when making a statement please clarify that it's an opinion, conjecture, or your theory rather than expressing it as fact. That sort of expression as "things don't add up" seems to readily be accepted and elaborated on by those inclined to perpetuate conspiracy theories.
When conjecturing or questioning about things not "adding up", a phrase "in my opinion" or " I think" clarifies and applies reasonable limits to statements.
Whatever dude, there's been several posts on here stating much of the same thing that I posted yet you cherry picked mine, like always. I think every single one of us on here is posting in theory. I never said it was a fact. Next time I'll run it by straight arrow the holier-than-thou hunttalk fact checker before posting.

Seems SS had the kid pegged and took him out after just a few shots.

Will be interesting to see how things play out. I could see them not shooting the kid immediately but thought they would have radio contact to others and that would have led to Trump being surrounded and protected faster. I wonder if the kid had just clambered out on the roof and started shooting in seconds, that it all happened very fast? Does seem like he might have kept shooting had he not been taken out so fast.

So, would you think the same if he had been a registered Democrat? Would it have not meant shit?
We are a long way from having motive - maybe disgruntled and unstable Trump junior campaign staffer, or a leftist anarchist, or he wanted to get the attention of Jodie Foster - lots of possibilities - seems silly to try to find preferred narrative or broader “blame” at this stage.

Seen a lot of stuff (including from some family) saying they wish the shooter had succeeded. Very strange world we’re all living in.

Love thy neighbor. Don’t wish for the death of a political opponent.
Exactly the same when Reagan was shot.

Exactly.

Internet musings...

Grassy knoll to a 150 meter shot with an AR style semi auto from one of the VERY few rooftops in the entire area. Typically EVERY building within a select proximity is protected from access. A building within 150 meters... It will be interesting to see the sacrificial lamb (Kimberly Cheatle - Secret Service) testify before congress... Another joke of a show (Congress).

Whatever dude, there's been several posts on here stating much of the same thing that I posted yet you cherry picked mine, like always. I think every single one of us on here is posting in theory. I never said it was a fact. Next time I'll run it by straight arrow the holier-than-thou hunttalk fact checker before posting.
Definitely not "holier-than-thou", definitely not a fact-checker. 'Just sayin' it's only the morning after a tragic event, with merely a sprinkling of facts being reported and there are those on HT (including Nick87) eagerly expressing to us their "inside" views ..... as though they have some special power of analytical conjecture.
Sarcasm expressed is exceeded only by the lack of factual information.

We like to say we are better than this, but events prove otherwise.

In this context it appears the "we" refers the citizens of the US, which is approx. 330 million folks. Even if only "one in a million" of "we" are a problem, that leaves 330 complete whack jobs. I do not agree that a half dozen whack jobs you referenced call into question the qualities of the "we".

Are "we" polarized, yes. Are "we" making a mess of our democracy, yes. Are "we" stooping to the level of political assassination, no -- that kind of broad brush labelling huge groups (or even the entire 330 million of us) as morally unworthy is part of why we are polarized.

Internet musings...

Grassy knoll to a 150 meter shot with an AR style semi auto from one of the VERY few rooftops in the entire area. Typically EVERY building within a select proximity is protected from access. A building within 150 meters... It will be interesting to see the sacrificial lamb (Kimberly Cheatle - Secret Service) testify before congress... Another joke of a show (Congress).
Nice to see people recognize that making unsupported accusations that happen to match a pre-determined, media fueled bias helps so much in this case.

We are a long way from having motive - maybe he wanted to get the attention of Jodie Foster.
Sadly, many posters to this thread do not even know who John Hinckley jr was. I remember watching the coverage of the Reagan shooting unfold much like this incident is.

A lot of snark on this thread. None of it helping the situation we find ourselves in.

I spent my afternoon with some very upset younger people. My civic duty was assuring them that Republic will stand. In my lifetime there have been several political assassination attempts, some successful. Who knows how many were thwarted and never made the news.

So, no, we are NOT better than this. We never have been. It is illogical to believe otherwise.

For those complaining that ""things don't add up." Of course they don't.
1. For some they never will. No matter the outcome of the investigation, some will say they know the "Real Truth". WTF that is.
2. Since there are so many unknown variables in the equation, how is one to solve it? Let the investigation fill in a few more of those variables before throwing the red flag. Some of the variables now assumed to be true will be shown to be conjecture. New facts will fill in the blanks.

In this context it appears the "we" refers the citizens of the US, which is approx. 330 million folks. Even if only "one in a million" of "we" are a problem, that leaves 330 complete whack jobs. I do not agree that a half dozen whack jobs you referenced call into question the qualities of the "we".

Are "we" polarized, yes. Are "we" making a mess of our democracy, yes. Are "we" stooping to the level of political assassination, no -- that kind of broad brush labelling huge groups (or even the entire 330 million of us) as morally unworthy is part of why we are polarized.
In some ways the thread responses show more about how the country is in trouble than the shooting does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back