Caribou Gear

Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievably colossal security fail...
Did you hear the female SS shouting “what are we doing” after they converged on Trump? They were not prepared or well trained. You have an evacuation plan in place and if needed you execute the plan, not huddle on the X.

Did you hear the female SS shouting “what are we doing” after they converged on Trump? They were not prepared or well trained. You have an evacuation plan in place and if needed you execute the plan, not huddle on the X.
BS, they are some of the best trained. Communication is key in the heat of it.

They covered him, that is a trained first response, they communicated with their team, they assessed him being able to move, and they made a move when the threat direction was identified. This all within a few seconds.

I would love to see how the Monday morning quarterbacking helps.

They said they needed to have the clearance to move plus they had to check him for any other wounds. Took a little bit.

Serious question...how many people bring their openly brandished guns to a Trump rally? They'd get stopped of course but colors the take on SS being inept perhaps. And there is precedent with Presidents (not just Trump) not agreeing to SS security precautions.

Serious question...how many people bring their openly brandished guns to a Trump rally? They'd get stopped of course but colors the take on SS being inept perhaps. And there is precedent with Presidents (not just Trump) not agreeing to SS security precautions.
What is the point of your question? You asked it, then answered it, then threw out some other random comment. You have no idea if Trump rejected any security protections. No reason to act like he may have created the problem. Carry on though.

Are you suggesting that the campaign allowed guns at his rally? Really?

BS, they are some of the best trained. Communication is key in the heat of it.

They covered him, that is a trained first response, they communicated with their team, they assessed him being able to move, and they made a move when the threat direction was identified. This all within a few seconds.

I would love to see how the Monday morning quarterbacking helps.
Watch the video. No Monday morning quarterbacking, just observations of what happened. Time the movements yourself. It was not quick and decisive.

Unfortunately without a clear eminent danger the media would have spun that along party lines.
Not making waves though I disagree as a LEO. Someone has a firearm there is no such thing as wait until he fires a round before engaging. Threat of serious bodily harm or death is trigger time.

SS has more flex in their decisions then most LE Agencies. Something really disorganized... Actual presidential protective detail having significant issues holstering her firearm to select few rooftops and within 150 is surprising.
I'm not near presidential detail level (watching that was surprising) however, I've been directly involved in protective detail and site security. Buildings are scoured before and during and throughout restricted access and typically secured / restricted access to any roof top / line of sight of protection bubble.
Many were quick to react though a couple I'm surprised at their inability to keep mind in the moment.

Will be an interesting testimony for the SS sacrificial lamb come congressional inquiry.

So as to quiet the conjecture related to the partisanship of the shooter:

Crooks was a registered Republican, according to voting records, but he only participated in the Nov. 8, 2022, state election, due to his age. Records show that he made a $15 donation to Progressive Turnout Project, a Chicago-based political action committee that supports Democrat candidates for public office and claims to advocate for "key Democratic constituencies: young people, minorities and low-income people."

I wonder if the roof top team had him but had to wait for ROE before lethal action.
Unlikely. If so Trump should have not been standing there. If they saw him and weren't sure of the situation Trump should have been hastily removed

You should go try out for the secret service if you could do better. I bet you find your keyboard skills are not up to the challenge.
Respectfully Addicting, how did this disturbed young man whom had already blipped security radar navigate to an obvious perch and present arms to aim, and fire rounds to kill 1 and wound 3. Kudos to the SS near Trump and the SS shooters but command and control have serious questions to answer. That’s not late QB’ing…simply intuitively obvious. No?

You should go try out for the secret service if you could do better. I bet you find your keyboard skills are not up to the challenge.
Glad I could give you something else to discuss with your therapist. Not sure your problem. Not sure what you are calling BS. The audio is clear as things were happening.

I will consult with you first next time. You seem to have all the answers.
This is the video with the audio. 40 sec mark

Not making waves though I disagree as a LEO. Someone has a firearm there is no such thing as wait until he fires a round before engaging. Threat of serious bodily harm or death is trigger time.

SS has more flex in their decisions then most LE Agencies. Something really disorganized... Actual presidential protective detail having significant issues holstering her firearm to select few rooftops and within 150 is surprising.
I'm not near presidential detail level (watching that was surprising) however, I've been directly involved in protective detail and site security. Buildings are scoured before and during and throughout restricted access and typically secured / restricted access to any roof top / line of sight of protection bubble.
Many were quick to react though a couple I'm surprised at their inability to keep mind in the moment.

Will be an interesting testimony for the SS sacrificial lamb come testimony.
I too was a Leo, I don’t disagree on the danger part. But we were not there in their ear piece. There could have been numerous things happening behind the scenes. Snipers don’t get full discretion on when to shoot until an eminent threat or a green light has been given.

As far as the headlines go, media has proven over and over it has to fit the narrative and facts are distorted to fit the narratives.

Once the shot was taken it is much harder to spin this to fit a narrative. There is a lot more that factored in to this timing than most of American understands.

Until you have trained and been thrown into an immediate response you don’t know how one will respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back