Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said earlier PSP SWRT sniper teams use to cover the roof tops on these events up until a few years ago.... One thing is for certain who ever the guy works for SS highly doubt it was Butler Pd if he had him in his cross airs holding a gun and let him get one round off it probably is his last roof top...

Thankyou for your insightful view and respectful response. I am glad to know you have the ability to look at others view points and have meaningful dialogue with them.
I thought it was a perfect response to your comment.

Pointing a rifle at a political figure in that situation should result in only one action….dead shooter before he can pull the trigger. There is no other way to look at it, period.

Having a protection detail that lets a shooter fire the first shot is kind of pointless, no?

Do you think the secret service that protects Biden will let a shooter fire a shot first before they take action? I mean, what if up until that point the shooter hasn’t broken a law as you said.

Good grief, get a clue.

My response to you was spot on.

It appears that the alphabet channels are going to keep talking about it nonstop. I was looking forward to a new show tonight but it's all preempted by news. It would be one thing if there was something new, but it seems like a Sunday morning all over again.

Pointing a rifle at a political figure in that situation should result in only one action….dead shooter before he can pull the trigger. There is no other way to look at it, period.

Having a protection detail that lets a shooter fire the first shot is kind of pointless, no?

Do you think the secret service that protects Biden will let a shooter fire a shot first before they take action? I mean, what if up until that point the shooter hasn’t broken a law as you said.

Good grief, get a clue.

While you may very well be right, there is still the human element to this whole deal.

A person has to wonder if the SS sniper has ever really been in the situation of having to pull the trigger on a fellow American. Do all the training you want, do all the shooting you want, mentally prepare all you want, but when its time to break the trigger that's a whole different deal. You don't call it back, its done.

I know its great to talk all tough about how "easy" this should be, but I'm going to guess its not. For a somewhat similar example, I've seen grown assed men completely lose their shit over shooting a deer, elk, pronghorn, etc. I don't think its as easy as many commenting are making it out to be.

Human element of the decision making process is always going to be in question, seen it, time and time again on situations a whole lot less stressful.

Good grief, get a clue.

100 percent correct what's the since of having security if U are going to let sum one get off a round let alone numerous round with the former presidents ear shot off another innocent person dead and another critically injured

Good grief, get a clue.

No your first response was ignorant. This response was better but not well thought out. You have the benefit of hindsight and plenty of time to digest what you would do.

I think it has nothing to do with which candidate was on stage. I know it had more to do with the ROE, communication, clearance, and timing. I bet that the counter sniper team was frustrated and wanted to act sooner. But there are rules and my gut says they followed them. The truth will hopefully come out.

A person has to wonder if the SS sniper has ever really been in the situation of having to pull the trigger on a fellow American. Do all the training you want, do all the shooting you want, mentally prepare all you want, but when its time to break the trigger that's a whole different deal. You don't call it back, its done.
Watching that video the shooter was on the backside of the roof ridge. They also knew there was a cop back there somewhere. We don’t know if the counter sniper team could see everything past the Ridgeline of the roof. Maybe they could see the shooter. But for sure they couldn’t see where the cop dropped down to. Where is the bullet going after the target.

That is a tough scenario to dream up and practice for. Then add in everything you said. You are absolutely right, this was not as easy as folks want to pretend it to be.

Watching that video the shooter was on the backside of the roof ridge. They also knew there was a cop back there somewhere. We don’t know if the counter sniper team could see everything past the Ridgeline of the roof. Maybe they could see the shooter. But for sure they couldn’t see where the cop dropped down to. Where is the bullet going after the target.

That is a tough scenario to dream up and practice for. Then add in everything you said. You are absolutely right, this was not as easy as folks want to pretend it to be.
Exactly right, there is nothing in a situation like this that training is going to 100% replicate, just flat too many variables.

While you may very well be right, there is still the human element to this whole deal.

I know its great to talk all tough about how "easy" this should be, but I'm going to guess its not. For a somewhat similar example, I've seen grown assed men completely lose their shit over shooting a deer, elk, pronghorn, etc. I don't think its as easy as many commenting are making it out to be.

Human element of the decision making process is always going to be in question, seen it, time and time again on situations a whole lot less stressful.
If you can’t hack the job, then do something different.

Back to the comment, it was said the shooter hadn’t done anything wrong up to that point.

Let me say this again, he is pointing a gun at a political figure, past president, and at that point all bets are off and it’s a FAFO situation.

Nothing more needs to be said. As soon as they found out that a guy was crawling up on a roof with a gun, agents/police should have been dispatched and taken care of it right then. Enough time elapsed easily seen in witness video. The shooter was able to get on the roof with a gun..officers/agents couldn’t do the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulcedom
Back