Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2024 Garden!

IMG_0924.jpeg

First green bean pick. Artichokes are slowing down. Broccoli is still good for a meal each week.

Corn looks great. We should start picking next week. Ear I peeked at was still white.

We had a late spring this year. Tomatoes look good but I’ll be pushing frost to ripen my paste tomatoes. No cukes, melons, squash or pumpkins. They’ll be a lost cause this year.

I’m going to raid my beehives and spin honey tomorrow.

My peach tree went crazy this year. We have been eating peaches every day for the last ten days. I have about 15 in the fridge waiting to be eaten. I made one peach pie, put up 10 pints of jam, canned 28 quarts of peaches and am about to put a second load in the drier. I still have 50-60 left on the tree ripening.

Love seeing your gardens every year. Had a bad year in my garden as the roma tomatoes are not much bigger than our volunteer cherry tomatoes. Cabbage never grew, started cucumbers 3 different times and still only have 2 plants. July was brutal with temps in the 100's and the highest real feel temp being 129. Glad we processed so many tomatoes last year that our carry over will get us through til spring.

Finally getting tomatoes. Made one batch of salsa and a big batch of Lime pickles. Better than any sweet pickle you've ever eaten.
Hot peppers are doing good. Green peppers are slow as usual.
My cabbage did good all except one. It turned into cauliflower. So that was a plus.
Never did get any green beans. Bunnies ate what came up replanted 3 times and nothing germinated. Carrots one side came up other side nothing.
Watermelons are doing good. Cantaloupe are so so. Have 2 fruits coming on. The rest is runners.
The gherkins cucumbers are doing great as the picklers. The Armenians have a ton of flowers and runners no fruit. But did see some finally forming this morning.
Trying to grow acorn squash. Have nice big plants and tons of flowers. Some of the fruit is slowly making a lot has died off. Either to much or not enough water or no pollination?
Other wise weeding watering all the time.

I got 3 apples and rose hips this year. But the trees are doing good.
Need wind screens and burlap tarps for those early flowers.
7500' NM is not garden country. Elk do not help except the raisins...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntTalkMa’am
Back