2024 Garden!

Sheesh! No clue how much we got but there's no standing water in the ditches and none in my basement. A few branches down but nothing big or green. I got out of my truck and my glasses instantly fogged up. Going to be miserable today.
Here she comes again. Tornado warnings are going off power just came on about 10 minutes ago. Bout to be knocked out again I'd imagine.

Here she comes again. Tornado warnings are going off power just came on about 10 minutes ago. Bout to be knocked out again I'd imagine.
Yeah, phone just went off. It's getting a little noisy outside. Humidity is so high it's a good chance of nasty weather here soon. Keep your kiddos safe! I pulled the garage door down all but the last foot so the cat can get out. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, phone just went off. It's getting a little noisy outside. Humidity is so high it's a good chance of nasty weather here soon. Keep your kiddos safe! I pulled the garage door down all but the last foot so the cat can get out. 🤷‍♂️
Power was on for literally 14 minutes. 🙄

Southern Illinois is being pounded right now. I heard the rain around midnight and still pouring at 9am. Luckily i'm a little north of the major rain. Looks to be a long day or two with what is coming.

rain.PNG

Mine didn't seem to store well so I figured I should try something different. And I pealed all the cloves so using them will be super easy now as well
I meant sliced and dehydrated. Stored great that way and you can grind to powder for use. I have also minced some and put in olive oil and frozen with good success.

When I have "cured" and hung it whole in the garage mine didn't seem to store well at all...

Radio said so.ething like 10 Tornado touch downs last night. Nothing major though luckily.
Don't want any tornadoes, but sure hope some of that rain slides east. Been several weeks here since we've had any rain to speak of, yard and garden are getting crispy.

I meant sliced and dehydrated. Stored great that way and you can grind to powder for use. I have also minced some and put in olive oil and frozen with good success.

When I have "cured" and hung it whole in the garage mine didn't seem to store well at all...
Ah see I never sliced mine. Just did mine whole without even splitting them apart. That's what it seemed like everyone was saying online but they didn't do well for me

What date did you put those seeds in the ground?

Methinks I started corn too early this year. And those cold snaps certainly stressed things. 75% of my little crop stunted and has flowers on top already.
Last week of May here on the coast of Washington. Any earlier invites cold and wet issues here, seed rot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jachanzar91
Back