Advertisement

2024 Garden!

Unfit for humans outside! I feel sorry for anyone who has to do ANYTHING without air conditioning. Learned a new term that describes what we feel here in the midwest. Corn sweat. I always knew it was more humid here and this explains it. One acre of corn can release 3 to 4 THOUSAND gallons of water into the air per day! Unreal.
We dug a 3’ hole and then mixed 15 bags of quick Crete this morning for a new sign post. Luckily we were right next to the Mississippi. My coworkers were a little embarrassed that I only had banana hammock unders on as I jumped off the boat dock, but I got cooled off.

We dug a 3’ hole and then mixed 15 bags of quick Crete this morning for a new sign post. Luckily we were right next to the Mississippi. My coworkers were a little embarrassed that I only had banana hammock unders on as I jumped off the boat dock, but I got cooled off.
I'd normally reply "pics or it didn't happen" but I'll forego that this time.

Yep. The evaporater fan motor quit. Hopefully the new one will work and not be a bigger electrical problem. For what it costs to have a guy fix it I will just buy a new one. Fingers crossed. Part comes tomorrow.
So far, so good! Had to mess around a bit but the new part has my fridge going again! Cooled down and hoping that tomorrow all will be cold and only a temp adjustment if needed. Phew! And even better, the insurance negotiator on one of my wife's claims called and said the bill was considered paid in full now. Hot damn! That alone would pay for a new fridge if I needed one! I better go to bed before something goes wrong. 🤣

Any ideas what I'm growing. Planted butternut squash, but something else came up
My wife thinks it spaghetti squash

Attachments

• 20240904_123247.jpg
    20240904_123247.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 20240904_123239.jpg
    20240904_123239.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member