Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming wallet alert

but let's be clear again - it is your opinion that they "probably" are the best way.

and other intelligent people also hold the opinion that they "probably" are not the best way.

let's just be sure to recognize that we're dealing with opinions here. not undeniable facts.
except the majority of people agree the NM system is trash

except the majority of people agree the NM system is trash

Actually, that’s not true.

There was a lot of misinformation that needed to be cleaned up (similar to this thread), but by the end of it the few objections were pretty much purely emotional.

and other intelligent people also hold the opinion that they "probably" are not the best way.

Oh for sure, I realize that. Looking forward to discussing some of the reasons and hoping to do that on this thread.

The few objections thus far have been mainly emotional- from a practical standpoint, having landowner tags makes a lot of sense, making it a fairly easy position to defend.

Oh for sure, I realize that. Looking forward to discussing some of the reasons and hoping to do that on this thread.

The few objections thus far have been mainly emotional- from a practical standpoint, having landowner tags makes a lot of sense, making it a fairly easy position to defend.

you can continue to sidestep the reality that you simply hold an opinion - and i'm not saying it's an invalid or bad opinion.

but, it's why i'm getting better at no longer really engaging these discussions.

which is why i no longer really engage these discussions.

We are having a discussion on a hunting website, not submitting a paper to a journal- of course these are our opinions.

Are you sure that’s why you don’t engage?

We are having a discussion on a hunting website, not submitting a paper to a journal- of course these are our opinions.

Are you sure that’s why you don’t engage?
Landowner tags remove opportunity from the democratically allocated tag system which is against the North American Model. What do you say to that?

yes.

seeth and you hold similar opinions, but he actually discusses them and recognizes many other angles and realities and engages them.

you just say things like "this is obviously what's best for my opportunities and thats what i care about"
FIFY

you just say things like "this is obviously what's best for the resource"

Thanks for letting me know about that- I will be more conscious of this in the future.

I can’t help but think you’re still a bit upset with me over our disagreement on the Colorado CATS thread, maybe I’m way off base.

Treecarp is just trolling. He has admitted he has never even purchased a landowner tag. He is bored on a Wednesday morning. Must have the day off or something. Anyway…terrible idea for Wyoming

Hunting big game as a non resident is a privilege, not a right. Raise the price until the odds drawing a general elk tag are 1:1. Increase the price of everything else each year by whatever CPI is. Owning things (in this case, Wyoming citizens "owning" wildlife) is not cheap. There's nothing wrong with raising prices accordingly.

I dont think that is true- I feel that most people only pretend to care about that when they can leverage it into something for themselves.
I disagree entirely. I have lived out west my whole life and your opinion is by far the minority. Everyone cares about the loss of democratically allocated tags to landowner tags. 80% of western hunters will agree.

Hunting big game as a non resident is a privilege, not a right. Raise the price until the odds drawing a general elk tag are 1:1. Increase the price of everything else each year by whatever CPI is. Owning things (in this case, Wyoming citizens "owning" wildlife) is not cheap. There's nothing wrong with raising prices accordingly.
I agree. As long as those tags are democratically allocated.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back