Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming wallet alert

You are right and that is what I was just pointing out. Improving how elk are viewed socially (which is basically how landowners for the most part view them) can increase overall elk numbers since the land isn't at the carrying capacity. I'm not specifically stating that landowner vouchers are the way to do that, its way more complicated than that but I'd be open and willing to listen and research any method that pushes for higher social acceptance of elk on the landscape.
The land is over carrying capacity around Jackson, that's why they have to feed them hay all winter.

Reading this interview with the new Director of Wyo G&F I see more increases in fees, licenses and permits on the horizon probably directed at non-residents since dinging the residents might not be a good way to start your new job.

"We’re looking at ways to help bring in revenue that compensate for that inflationary costs that we’ve seen over the last three or four years. Our goal is to get about $10 million extra in revenue sources each year. We do not want to do anything that prices youth or hunters out. But we’re reviewing: When was our last license increase? When was the last application fee increase? What are some creative things we can look at that bring in additional revenue?"

Personally,I think all Non Resident tags should start at $3,000 on up for any big game tag,plenty on Non Residents will pay any amount to hunt,but leave the resident tag prices alone.
Don't like the price then hunt in your own state.

Last edited:
Personally,I think all Non Resident tags should start at $3,000 on up for any big game tag,plenty on Non Residents will pay any amount to hunt,but leave the resident tag prices alone.
Well just stay in your own state,problem solved !

You seem to have evolved over the years. I guess you like greedy game departments and rich folks now. SMH

Screenshot 2024-07-18 091156.pngScreenshot 2024-07-18 091016.png

It won't be long and you'll probably have your wish. Be sure to post a grip and grin so I remember what a dead elk looks like.

Well just stay in your own state,problem solved !
NR are an ally and are important for hunting - period. RMEF is a nationwide org - if there are no elk hunters there are likely a lot of less interested.

I loathe a lot of NR attitudes, entilement, and positions - but cutting all of them out of a reasonable cost to hunt isnt the answer.

As R - we need to pay more for tags and stop living completely on NR dollars. It sure wont work out if we have a slow down economically.

NR are an ally and are important for hunting - period. RMEF is a nationwide org - if there are no elk hunters there are likely a lot of less interested.

I loathe a lot of NR attitudes, entilement, and positions - but cutting all of them out of a reasonable cost to hunt isnt the answer.

As R - we need to pay more for tags and stop living completely on NR dollars. It sure wont work out if we have a slow down economically.
I agree. A % increase usually is the best solution. For example if you rasie both R and NR elk licenses 5% the license only goes up 2.85 while the NR license goes up 37$. We are all hunters and we all chip in to increase funding this way and NR still carry the bulk of the cost increase.

I agree. A % increase usually is the best solution. For example if you rasie both R and NR elk licenses 5% the license only goes up 2.85 while the NR license goes up 37$. We are all hunters and we all chip in to increase funding this way and NR still carry the bulk of the cost increase.
Thats what im saying - there shouldnt be a tag that is less than 50 dollars, at all.

R hunters should foot more of the bill (jmho) so that we can absorb the ebbs and flows of NR hunting.

People forget - 10 years ago Montana had LEFTOVER OTC bull/buck tags. Im not sure if we'll see those days again - but if we have a 2008 style recession or a growing number of departed/uninterested NR for any other reason our states wildlife management funding is gonezo.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jachanzar91
Back