The King's Elk -- Op-ed in Wyofile

WA allows every to elk hunt every year regardless of who you are or where you live.
Ignore the fact that washington is limiting nr from the premium tags and spin it however you want. So much for that morally wrong talk huh looks like your circled back around to the well it's the law so oh well screw the nr in washington

The fact is wyoming, montana ,idaho , Arizona, new mexico , colorado, even limiting nr sell more tags to nr then washington does with your so called unlimited nr tags.

WA allows every to elk hunt every year regardless of who you are or where you live.

If you value hunting over harvest, the experience over the result, then no, it's serving it very well. If they managed for success you'd be lucky to draw more than 2-3 elk tags in your life.

I can see where shitty lazy hunters may have a problem with it...
I wouldnt know - no desire to go there when i know wy/mt well.

Isnt that experience detrimented by crowding? Not expressly about success - but it looking like a 3d shoot without foam animals or a pumpkin patch doesnt seem intriguing to me much at all.

All kinds of folks in this forum call for limiting opportunity (for r and nr) to improve experience all of the time. I dont think that makes anyone a "shitty/lazy hunter" or someone only interested in success.

Yeah some folks are forgetting that rich people are really good at making more money. That’s how they got rich in the first place. It’s pretty simple to me but maybe I’m a simpleton I guess. If things ever got real tough just think of the amount of elk meat they have access to. First world problems I guess

It actually holds a lot of water, but arguing with an attorney is futile, I've never met one that wasn't convinced they were right about everything under the sun. Though it begs a reminder that 50% of all attorneys are wrong in every situation.
This isn't a valid argument in any way; ad hominem attacks don't advance your viewpoint. If you want to explain how our mixed use, consumptive and nonconsumptive federal public lands are somehow the same resource as the State's wildlife, which obey no boundaries between public/private/or otherwise... I'm all ears. We haven't met, but I'm more than willing to be wrong. You just need to present a coherent and logical argument to persuade me. But attacking my profession does nothing aside from say a lot about who you are.
You haven't read many accounts from outfitters? I have a couple of book reviews over on the "water are you reading" thread from two pretty well known ones in and around the Bob, both are absolutely filled with accounts of consistently returning customers.
No, I don't tend to read outfitter stories. I'm not all that interested in that industry. But I'm not talking about the small population that has always been able to afford outfitters, of course that has been stable for a long time. I'm talking about the enormous surge in DIY NR hunters. I thought that was understood.

the State's wildlife, which obey no boundaries between public/private/or otherwise...

In the United States and Canada, the NAM operates on seven interdependent principles:

1. Wildlife resources are conserved and held in trust for all citizens.
  2. Commerce in dead wildlife is eliminated.
  3. Wildlife is allocated according to democratic rule of law.
  4. Wildlife may only be killed for a legitimate, non-frivolous purpose.
  5. Wildlife is an international resource.
  6. Every person has an equal opportunity under the law to participate in hunting and fishing.
  7. Scientific management is the proper means for wildlife conservation.

It’s a good thing that the State’s wildlife at least knows to obey state and international boundaries, otherwise this whole thing would get complicated in a hurry (especially #5)!😉

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olivefwp
Back