Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming wallet alert

Lost Arra

Reading this interview with the new Director of Wyo G&F I see more increases in fees, licenses and permits on the horizon probably directed at non-residents since dinging the residents might not be a good way to start your new job.

"We’re looking at ways to help bring in revenue that compensate for that inflationary costs that we’ve seen over the last three or four years. Our goal is to get about $10 million extra in revenue sources each year. We do not want to do anything that prices youth or hunters out. But we’re reviewing: When was our last license increase? When was the last application fee increase? What are some creative things we can look at that bring in additional revenue?"

Wyoming should sell transferable/unit wide landowner tags to those landowners who help support elk, mule deer and antelope populations.

This would benefit the department, the resource, the landowner, the citizens of Wyoming, and hunters across America.

Just spitballing a bit here on numbers: $500 per bull elk tag, $300 for buck mule deer/buck antelope, goes straight to the department. Let the landowner set their price from there. It’s such a no brainer that I honestly cannot believe they haven’t done it yet.

Seems like a steal at 500 considering the current price of their elk tags

I hate the idea of transferable landowner tags. This is not in the best interest of the Wyoming resident or DIY non-residents. I would bet Wyoming significantly bumps up the application fee for NR to cover the costs. All western states keep squeezing the NRs and it is simply getting crazy. At some point the system is going to go to far. Until then, I will keep playing their games.

I hate the idea of transferable landowner tags. This is not in the best interest of the Wyoming resident or DIY non-residents. I would bet Wyoming significantly bumps up the application fee for NR to cover the costs. All western states keep squeezing the NRs and it is simply getting crazy. At some point the system is going to go to far. Until then, I will keep playing their games.
Will application fees provide an additional $10 million per year?

Seems like a steal at 500 considering the current price of their elk tags

That’s true. Let’s say $1000- still gives landowners quite a bit of margin to work with.

*These would need to be in addition to current quotas for this to make financial sense, obviously.

That’s true. Let’s say $1000- still gives landowners quite a bit of margin to work with.

*These would need to be in addition to current quotas for this to make financial sense, obviously.
So fwp can sell elk tags at the price they sell elk tags for got it

This is not in the best interest of the Wyoming resident or DIY non-residents.

I strongly disagree.

This would be a huge financial windfall for Wyoming residents, huge opportunity increase for DIY NRs (remember, these would be unit-wide).

Most importantly, it would further incentivize private landowners to increase game populations. At the end of the day, I think we can all agree that anything that puts more game on the landscape is a good thing.

Wyoming already sells a elk tag for over a grand why would they sell them to landowners is some bs program “to make more money”

Ah- got it. I’m glad you asked that🙂:

Two-part answer:

1. These would be in addition to current quota.

2. Landowners can sell them for way more (for example: what do you think a transferable bull tag in unit 7/38/45 would go for?).

This is why it is a win for all involved.

-All Wyoming citizens win.
-Landowner wins.
-Resource wins.
-Hunters across America win, including DIY guys (because these would be unit-wide).

Answer: Because landowners can sell them for way more (for example: what do you think a transferable bull tag in unit 7/38/45 would go for?).

-Landowner wins.
-Resource wins.
-Hunters across America win, including DIY guys (because these would be unit-wide).
Seems like the only real win is the land owner maybe this is a chance for that 90/10 split and where 90 percent of that money goes to fwp. The land owners are gonna be getting more hand outs soon enough

Whining? I think this is a huge opportunity for improvement. Is there anything about the substance of my posts you disagree with?

Also… do you subscribe to my posts or something? You're on me fast lately, dude… makin’ me wonder.😆

Treecarp spouting the NR whining already on this thread? FFS.

They'd fix the entirety of their problems tying prices to inflation or increasing them, talking about the R fees/prices. A doe antelope tag should cost more than a pack of nicotine.
I’d just hope he would be priced out like the rest of us and the wildlife would be the one to actually benefit

Wyoming should sell transferable/unit wide landowner tags to those landowners who help support elk, mule deer and antelope populations.

This would benefit the department, the resource, the landowner, the citizens of Wyoming, and hunters across America.

Just spitballing a bit here on numbers: $500 per bull elk tag, $300 for buck mule deer/buck antelope, goes straight to the department. Let the landowner set their price from there. It’s such a no brainer that I honestly cannot believe they haven’t done it yet.
Heck yeah! Let’s make access to hunting and wildlife a private resource! Only those with lots of funds or land should be hunting anyways

Two-part answer:

1. These would be in addition to current quota.

2. Landowners can sell them for way more (for example: what do you think a transferable bull tag in unit 7/38/45 would go for?).

-Landowner wins.
-Resource wins.

IMHO. I struggle to see how all Wyoming citizens and the DIY guy win. Landowners get handouts and sell the tags at ridiculous price that prevent the real DIY guys from hunting them.

Rich hunters get to hunt Wyoming every year with the same landowner ad vitam aeternam.

While I'm just a lowly NR, I'd much rather another NR fee increase over transferable landowner tags that serve no one but landowners and wealthy hunters. I also think residents should support a fee increase on their end. I'm the first one to support fee increases for residents here. The price of a tag is ridiculously low. A case of beer is more expensive than most of our tags.

To each his own. Across the country, selling land owner tags has not benefited average hunters, IMO. Simply stated, the tags that they would sell have to come from somewhere. Either you take from the residents allocations or take from the non resident allocations. These would not be new tags pulled out of thin air. I would benefit from being able to buy the tags, I have the disposable income. I wish more states would follow AZ model.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back