Shilen Rifle 7mm rem mag

pjd243

mid 70's Shilen & rem mag with Leopold VIII 3.5-10 scope , used out west for about 20 years
any input on fair market value , searched on the web cant find much on them .
thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 53
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 55
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 60
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_2798.JPG
    DSC_2798.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • DSC_2799.JPG
    DSC_2799.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Already too rich for my blood!😄

I am interested in learning more about it though as I never knew Shilen made complete rifles.

Almost looks like a Ruger action.

I've seen quite a few used custom guns sell over the years. If they're made by a select few famous gunsmiths then they're quite valuable. Otherwise resale value is, unfortunately, quite poor. I don't think Shilen makes that list, even though they've got good brand recognition.

It's very typical that the value is: current retail price of the action (or a proxy) + current retail price of the trigger (or a proxy) + 1/2 the current price of the stock (or a proxy). Essentially no value for the barrel or labor to build it. No value for rings and bases. Scopes will have their own valuation nuances, but they always bring less when attached to a rifle.

I dropped my bid back to one-fifty after that one. Someone will find it interesting. If you can prove it shoots well, it may be worth way more.

If had a custom wood stock it might be quite a bit of money. Have you documented the groups? Do you reload and have found the group it shoots best, or the factory ammo it shoots best? 23 years ago I had a custom rifle built with a Shilen match barrel. Great rifle that I still have. I'd start at $1,200. It may take a while to sell, ad you'l get all the nickle and dimers that won't offer you shit. HAVE PATIENCE. If it shoots really well, like 1/2" groups, that rifle has some worth. Put a group example as part of your ad.

thanks, gents, for the input, this was my best buds rifle who has passed, trying to help out the wife, I shoot cheap Ruger's, lol
we always just shoot Rem core lokt green box's 175 gr , shoots great maybe I can find a target in his hard case.
found the receipt from 1979. Hair trigger on this thing, no creep

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back