Wyoming $75 NR application fee proposal and more...

I was on topic until someone decided to call me ignorant. If I'm the bad guy for calling someone out for a stupid comment directed at me, then blame me.

I could say elk are brown and someone would argue or make a snide remark.

Like I said from the beginning. It's tough to lose when you're a rancher. The gov now pays you for elk damage. Best part is, you don't even have to make an attempt to prevent it. There's 1000s of people that would gladly come take an elk.
You can show up on the zoom call with TRW and let them know, or scratch an email or three.

I'm driving 280 miles and taking a day off work to show up in person.

For a fellow who is relied on to apply for multiple family members each year, this fee will count us out on wyoming. Max points for several of us on several species, so maybe help others have better draw odds?
Definately hope it doesn't happen though since I've been hunting WY since the before I care to disclose...
Not to be the devil's advocate, but I'd hate for a person to stop applying, especially if max points have been reached over a $60 fee increase (you're already paying $15). If you have max points, let's split them and I'll pay the $75 for you and me, plus the tag fees for us both! ;)

While the $75 increase isn't going to the program of my choice, I'll continue to apply.

Not to be the devil's advocate, but I'd hate for a person to stop applying, especially if max points have been reached over a $60 fee increase (you're already paying $15). If you have max points, let's split them and I'll pay the $75 for you and me, plus the tag fees for us both! ;)

While the $75 increase isn't going to the program of my choice, I'll continue to apply.
That's one of the problems, the GF and Legislature know they have NR's on the hook.

Can't fault your thoughts, I would do the same thing and make the same offer to NR's with lots of points.

Here’s where you guys can comment on the topic if anyone is interested.

Im to far in not to keep applying. I’m at the point that I have options and trying to pick a unit I’ll probably run down and scout it this year even. Once I draw out I’ll be probably 3k into that tag just for the piece of paper. Wyoming is close to me and I have a room waiting for me when I show up at a buddies house they are really starting to price people out. It will be a slow bleed. They will make a lot of money from these types of things till they don’t. We see any type of an economic down turn Wyoming probably be a pretty easy cut for a lot of people. Personally im more worried about the effect of a 90/10 split and hope to draw a tag before that happens

122025 STATE OF WYOMING 25LSO-0057Working Draft0.62 [Bill Number]1 (e) Resident and nonresident license applicants shall 2 pay an application fee in an amount specified by this 3 subsection upon submission of an application for purchase 4 of any limited quota drawing for big or trophy game license 5 or wild bison license.
Probably a dumb question but, by this verbiage are general licenses except? Or as a NR is a general elk considered a limited quota? For a resident a general is just OTC so no application fee is required.

If you recieve funds for crop damage, you should be bound to allow hunters access to your land. HMAs work well, are controlled and structured, no reason we can't use that management style for private ranches receiving public funding. Wyoming has been good to me, I don't like to badmouth G&F, but this is a little much.
I believe that the landowner has to allow hunters on their land to receive crop damage funding. It has to be commensurate with the amount of elk that are causing the damage as well. For example, if they are saying there are 100 head of elk causing damage and they allow one hunter on that isn't good enough. I don't know more specifics unfortunately. I'll do a little more digging...

I believe that the landowner has to allow hunters on their land to receive crop damage funding. It has to be commensurate with the amount of elk that are causing the damage as well. For example, if they are saying there are 100 head of elk causing damage and they allow one hunter on that isn't good enough. I don't know more specifics unfortunately. I'll do a little more digging...
Good luck enforcing that.

Probably a dumb question but, by this verbiage are general licenses except? Or as a NR is a general elk considered a limited quota? For a resident a general is just OTC so no application fee is required.
Only licenses bought OTC avoid an app fee.

Maybe this was covered earlier, is the 75$ app fee per species? If so, holy woofta

Exactly. The dad that's trying to get his family out hunting is who this will hurt the most.
I just can't believe there is anyone who thinks this is a good idea, Especially after the fee increases the NR hunter just received.
no penalty for a gen tag, right?

Exactly. The dad that's trying to get his family out hunting is who this will hurt the most.
I just can't believe there is anyone who thinks this is a good idea, Especially after the fee increases the NR hunter just received.
Yep, especially when you apply for a family of 4 for 3 species.
Yea, 225$ would be tough to swallow per person.

yeah 225 is rough, and it's hard to see the point/need.

but then i remember that i drop 150 on MSG points a year in colorado as a RESIDENT. between the app fees and a qualifying license it definitely starts to get up into similar territory just to apply in colorado across the board.

oh well. should it come to fruition, i'll prioritize and pay it, as usual. might have to rotate which kids get to apply in wyoming each year when they're of age though.

Nope, it just means we will be more of a point banker. That we have to decide who and what species on a rotational basis and a family deer hunt means 1 or 2 tags applications.

It will extend the point problem.
That's what I was thinking, might help the random odds though.

Somebody do the math for me. What is a general tag going to cost all in, assuming you could draw it in 5 years?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back