Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What's on the smoker today?

For those of you that have done wings in your smoker, do you crisp them up in the oven or something before serving? Got some I'm doing tomorrow and see lots of suggestions to hit with the broiler for the skin after they are smoked.

For those of you that have done wings in your smoker, do you crisp them up in the oven or something before serving? Got some I'm doing tomorrow and see lots of suggestions to hit with the broiler for the skin after they are smoked.
That's how I did it or on the grill if I had something else going. Wonder how it'd be to flash fry them? Lot of hassle and mess though.

I cheat. Marinade them in liquid smoke for a few hours and then dry and toss in salt, pepper and flour. Then cook them in the air fryer for 20-25 mins at 400. Toss in honey and then some Franks wings sauce and serve.

A quick broil then a little bbq sauce brushed on about 3/4 of them and back in for a minute. I used Hickory and apricot wood. Damn, they were good! Next time just a little less time in the smoker and less apricot. It was a little too much flavor. Will do this again!

20240630_145940.jpg

A quick broil then a little bbq sauce brushed on about 3/4 of them and back in for a minute. I used Hickory and apricot wood. Damn, they were good! Next time just a little less time in the smoker and less apricot. It was a little too much flavor. Will do this again!

View attachment 331290
Did you try one before the broiler? If so what did you think of the before and aftet?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honkerdwn
Back