Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What's on the smoker today?

Not my Pic, but supposedly this is what $175 gets you in Austin. We have officially gone full retard. 3lbs brisket, ½ rack of ribs, 5 lbs of bread. This plate would cost any of us $25 to make at home.

View attachment 333631
Made the mistake (about a year ago) of ordering based on a local joint's outdated online menu...big $$$ surprise when I picked up. I understand the labor intensity & overhead aspect but seems like boutique bbq has gone a little crazy.

Austin's been crazy for a long time....

Last edited:
Made the mistake of ordering based on a local joint's outdated online menu...big $$$ surprise when I picked up. I understand the labor intensity & overhead aspect but seems like boutique bbq has gone a little crazy.

Oh yeah, i agree, restaurant overhead is high, but wow!! I do wonder if these guys are using wagyu, hand fed , $15 a lb brisket

Made the mistake of ordering based on a local joint's outdated online menu...big $$$ surprise when I picked up. I understand the labor intensity & overhead aspect but seems like boutique bbq has gone a little crazy.

I agree. And cuts that were inexpensive for a long time suddenly command big money. mtmuley

Not my Pic, but supposedly this is what $175 gets you in Austin. We have officially gone full retard. 3lbs brisket, ½ rack of ribs, 5 lbs of bread. This plate would cost any of us $25 to make at home.

View attachment 333631
For that kind of money it better come with a nacho sombrero midget waitress wiping your face with a wet wipe and another one under the table giving you a hand job. :oops:

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back