Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What's on the smoker today?

Can't argue there. Just poking fun
giphy.gif

I smoked a 2.5 lb chuck roast yesterday. Treated it just like a brisket for seasoning, smoke temp, wrapping, etc. It turned out juicy and tender. Tasted fine but not quite the taste of a brisket.

View attachment 333181
"poor man's brisket" I do this a lot for $10 and gives me a couple servings over an expensive brisket that I have to cut up and freeze sections. Something about frozen meat sucks when you smoke it. You have to let chuck roast sit in the fridge for a couple days with coarse salt and pepper on it in the fridge. I've done it up to a week, flipping every day and redoing the salt and pepper. Turns out great.

"poor man's brisket" I do this a lot for $10 and gives me a couple servings over an expensive brisket that I have to cut up and freeze sections. Something about frozen meat sucks when you smoke it. You have to let chuck roast sit in the fridge for a couple days with coarse salt and pepper on it in the fridge. I've done it up to a week, flipping every day and redoing the salt and pepper. Turns out great.
Never thought about leaving them sit like that. I'll have to try it next time!

For those of you that have done wings in your smoker, do you crisp them up in the oven or something before serving? Got some I'm doing tomorrow and see lots of suggestions to hit with the broiler for the skin after they are smoked.

dusting your wings with baking powder or mixing some baking powder into your dry rub will really help with crispiness if you're not pulling out the deep fat fryer.

i smoke mine then air fry them for crispiness if i'm doing smoked wings. i've learned to not smoke them too long or they will get some rubbery texture going, even after an air fry.

but, that baking powder for even just a basic air fry or regular oven bake will do wonders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back