Dave N Elk tag fund raiser

Never thought I would do it, but I did. My UPS guy just dropped off my very own pair of Sitka pants! :ROFLMAO: Found a pair of "worn maybe twice, too long" Sitka Mountain pants, dirt colored, on EBay and got them for $92. Still seems pricey to me for a pair of pants, but I see what they go for. So next year when I show up at elk camp I might look like I belong! ;)

Never thought I would do it, but I did. My UPS guy just dropped off my very own pair of Sitka pants! :ROFLMAO: Found a pair of "worn maybe twice, too long" Sitka Mountain pants, dirt colored, on EBay and got them for $92. Still seems pricey to me for a pair of pants, but I see what they go for. So next year when I show up at elk camp I might look like I belong! ;)
Now you have to get a matching jacket. Otherwise, you won’t see an elk. Trust me, my first lite tops don’t match my pants and I have yet to shoot one.

Now you have to get a matching jacket. Otherwise, you won’t see an elk. Trust me, my first lite tops don’t match my pants and I have yet to shoot one.
Then I may be going for a nice walk! :ROFLMAO: $350 for a Jetstream jacket is above my pay grade no matter what the situation. Even used ones are still up there. I'll keep looking, but the pants were a priority over the stuff I have. I have jackets and coats that would work if I can't find anything.

Anything else besides a Jetstream that I could look into? I figure cold first thing in the morning, windy, hopefully warmer in the afternoon/evening, possible wet weather.

Good morning Dave. I'm looking forward to meeting you and helping you get your first elk next fall. A good pair of leather boots would be a strong consideration for the WY adventure. I'll be heading back to WI (that's where I grew up) in December for the muzzleloader deer season and fall turkey. That will be my last hunt of 2024 and then we apply for elk in January!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulcedom
Back