Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Dave N Elk tag fund raiser

Supposed to be pretty calm tomorrow so I plan on doing a little shooting. I've been second guessing myself about my .300 scope setup. It's been a while but if I remember right when I did some checking in Idaho for that hunt I was somewhat scattered shooting off a truck hood at a paper plate at roughly 200 yards. Yes, I used a Lead Sled setting up my scope initially. I've read the stories here about them wrecking scopes. I'll see what it does at 100 tomorrow and decide yes or no. In the meantime I drug out my .270 and had a look at it. It was a Savage 110 package deal back in the late 80s/early 90s with a Burris Fullfield scope on it. I took it outside about 20 minutes after sundown and looked around with it. It actually looked pretty good and I could see the crosshairs against just about anything I looked at out to 500 yards or so. I have a box of 130s and a box of 150s so I'm going to put a few rounds through it as well as my .300 and see what I like better. A .270 kills lots of elk and I would have more than one shot! If both scopes end up not living up to my hopes I'll be looking for one to mount. Plus decide which rifle to put it on. Need to shoot them first. I may be good to begin with! Warm weather. My poor shoulder. . . :rolleyes:
I’ll PM you to send some 140gr Sierra your way. Wicked accurate out of my Savage 110 270 at 2,900fps. As for weight loss, glp-1 can get you to a healthy 150lbs in six months🤣

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jachanzar91
Back