Dave N Elk tag fund raiser

Before this turns into a boot debate, I've read the threads on here about them. Pretty much decided to try on the Lowa Renegades and see what I think. Don't forget, I don't live where I hike a lot for hunting and may not really NEED a good pair of boots more than once, or twice. No point on me spending $400 when $200 will get just what I need. Yes, I was given money for this hunt but I'm an old farm boy. Get the most bang for my buck and don't buy the farm when you only need a pig! ;) Let me start with these and see what I think. I have an REI about 85 miles away and will go there. I'm more interested on what boot liner socks to look at. Never used them before. And 1 pair or 2?
boot liner socks are unnecessary until they are not.

Liner socks are cheap and easy to come by. Try your boots without first and only add a liner if they is an issue to address. Do not assume you need them for a particular boot till you have a rubbing issue to deal with.

And dump the smart wool and get darn tough brand boot socks while at REI. They do not bunch up, pill and fall apart like smart wool socks. Amazing how much better and more comfortable they are

I have had the opposite experience with Smartwool and Darn Tough. Smartwool has been great, my Darn Tough shrunk so much I gave them to my kids. I have Smartwool from 10+ years with no issues other than finally wearing them out. Never bunch up or fall apart. YMMV

Okie dokie! Took some days off from the workouts because I was just feeling kind of funky. And it was way beyond hot. Scale this morning was 200.6 so I'm still doing alright. Got my fridge fixed and it's working fine again after a $24 part replacement. Lori's final (I hope) bills got straightened out for the good! One ambulance transfer that said I still owed over $800 was negotiated by an offshoot of my insurance and it's now considered paid in full! I had one other for the ambulance ride home that insurance didn't cover anything for so I sent an email explaining how they were forced on me and it was an overblown taxi ride. They reduced it from $925 to $250. DEAL!

I've been wearing the boots here and there and so far they seem fine. Comfy, no issues with heel slippage or toe rubs. Have to concentrate on how I tighten things when lacing up so they fit right the first time but that will probably settle in after wearing them more. Not used to that since I always wear cowboy boots.

I know it's way early, but is there a rough count on who is planning on showing up for this wingding?

Okie dokie! Took some days off from the workouts because I was just feeling kind of funky. And it was way beyond hot. Scale this morning was 200.6 so I'm still doing alright. Got my fridge fixed and it's working fine again after a $24 part replacement. Lori's final (I hope) bills got straightened out for the good! One ambulance transfer that said I still owed over $800 was negotiated by an offshoot of my insurance and it's now considered paid in full! I had one other for the ambulance ride home that insurance didn't cover anything for so I sent an email explaining how they were forced on me and it was an overblown taxi ride. They reduced it from $925 to $250. DEAL!

I've been wearing the boots here and there and so far they seem fine. Comfy, no issues with heel slippage or toe rubs. Have to concentrate on how I tighten things when lacing up so they fit right the first time but that will probably settle in after wearing them more. Not used to that since I always wear cowboy boots.

I know it's way early, but is there a rough count on who is planning on showing up for this wingding?

I would love to tag along to help in any way I can. All depends on how I can manage my vacation time for the season.

I thought it was VIP invitation only! :LOL:
Hell, I don't know. A full-blown HT elk camp sounds like a blast! I just asked because something tells me I should make some of my chocolate chip cookies to put on the table for munchies and I may need to make a LOT! 🤣

While we're on the subject of camp, you mentioned some things at your place needed some repairs. I would be more than willing to take a little road trip next summer to give you a hand with things and see what I'm getting into. I follow directions fairly well and know a little about a lot. Now that I have a decent set of wheels I feel pretty good about road trips again. More than happy to help you out for donating your place to us to use!

Hell, I don't know. A full-blown HT elk camp sounds like a blast! I just asked because something tells me I should make some of my chocolate chip cookies to put on the table for munchies and I may need to make a LOT! 🤣

While we're on the subject of camp, you mentioned some things at your place needed some repairs. I would be more than willing to take a little road trip next summer to give you a hand with things and see what I'm getting into. I follow directions fairly well and know a little about a lot. Now that I have a decent set of wheels I feel pretty good about road trips again. More than happy to help you out for donating your place to us to use!
Hell, let’s just do a full-on HT spruce up day at the cabin! No VIP invitation needed - just show up with tools and skills! Between Dave and I, I’m sure we could cook up some good vittles.

All I need is a date for things to happen. Only a couple things to be here for, but I'm pretty flexible. Maybe after the snow clears next year you can assess what needs done and come up with a game plan?

Hell, let’s just do a full-on HT spruce up day at the cabin! No VIP invitation needed - just show up with tools and skills! Between Dave and I, I’m sure we could cook up some good vittles.
I'd be up for that. I'm not too far away. Been thinking about coming that way for archery as a way to pre-scout for the rifle hunt. This gives me another reason to go see some country and meet some good people.

Looks like Wyoming bear season runs to the middle of June. If we wait until then that would give those late hunters time to close the season and be available if they want to help. Things should be fairly dry I think. Maybe look at sometime after Father's Day to have a camp fixer-upper? That would give Wildabeest a chance to assess what is needed as well as types of knowledge required. I know he said something about the solar system, so I assume an electrician that knows something about that would be helpful. Carpenters, mechanical types, etc. would all help. I'll bring it back up early next year and we can get something figured out. I'll also start a new thread for the hunt next year after all of the stuff wraps up for everyone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back