5 Dollars???

noharleyyet

New Mexico Sticks it to Non-Residents
April 14, 2011.

After months of maneuvering and lobbying on all sides, New Mexico's governor signed Senate Bill 196, reducing hunting opportunity for non-residents beginning in 2012.

SB 196 will give resident hunters 84% of every hunt code, up from the current 78%. In addition, residents will get all elk licenses in the state wildlife management areas, plus all cow elk licenses statewide.

Unguided nonresidents get 6% of licenses, significantly down from the current 10%. The remaining 10% of licenses are set aside for hunters from any state who hire a New Mexico outfitter -- down from 12%.

SB196 also requires every hunter who applies for a Big Game Draw or over-the-counter big game license to purchase a non-refundable general hunting license, increasing the cost for non-residents to apply for the reduced number of available tags.
Revenue generated by forcing non-resident hunters to buy hunting licenses will be used to subsidize a reduction in the cost of general hunting and deer license fees for New Mexico residents by $5.
http://www.huntthewest.com/2011/NMc...tm_campaign=Feed:+HuntTheWest+(Hunt+the+West)

I hope I draw this year!! With no points system, having to buy a license, and chittier odds I doubt I'll put in again there...

Wonder if they'll be able to sell all the cow tags to residents?

Well, crossing my fingers to draw this year, cause it appears i will be done after this year as well. Still no bonus points so depending on what the license fee is, i can't imagine very many people are going to be willing to spend that kind of money to not gain a point. I think they are gonna find this is going to hurt them far more than help. Way to go NM....:rolleyes:

Yea way to stick it to the NR that are paying the majority for your FWP funding. Heaven forbid the states raise the Resident tags any (including Montana). Someday this whole "take that your NR skully wags" is going to bite all states that are not keeping the payment scale somewhat balanced.

An extra $10 in a NM residents pockets every year=early retirement. Yeehaw!!

Good thing I received my glossy USO brochure in the mail the other day, I’m saved while the rest of you are screwed.

Note to self, join the newly formed New Mexico bow hunter group ASAP.

picture.php

Kenetrek Boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKILL
Back