Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming $75 NR application fee proposal and more...

Am I understanding this correctly? $75 per tag application, and $18.75 goes directly to landowners? So if I apply for 2 elk, 4 deer, & 3 antelope it is $168.75 to landowner pockets? Not sure I want to write them a check, just out of principle.

Large landowners siphoning off from the huge sum of $$$ people are willing to throw at big game hunting. “Damage compensation” is a joke - most of these properties can more than make up for their grass loss by outfitting their ranch.

For those landowners who cannot turn a profit on elk, e.g. the elk are eating the grass outside of hunting seasons, in nearly every instance it is a neighbor problem - neighbors harbor elk during hunting season and don’t allow the local elk population to be kept in check.

Poor neighbor behavior is a tough problem that requires creative solutions from multiple stakeholders, but turning to nonresident hunters to pay the bill is rather…convoluted.

God I'm going to be glad when I'm done hunting this state and using my points...thanks for the info Buzz. I have never seen more greed than western states and their craziness.
cashed in my deer points this yr and just missed lope because i put in w/ bud who had l less pt than me-damnit (won't make that mistake next yr). can't wait to get outta the points game. and the G&F agencies can't figure out why we're loosing hunters and not recruiting young ones. genius

For a fellow who is relied on to apply for multiple family members each year, this fee will count us out on wyoming. Max points for several of us on several species, so maybe help others have better draw odds?
Definately hope it doesn't happen though since I've been hunting WY since the before I care to disclose...

Direct or not I was going to throw out the amount personally we do work on. Roads, bridges, schools. Less than a year ago we did the excavation for two different 1 million bushel grain bins for farmers to store there subsidiary corn in.

Direct or not I was going to throw out the amount personally we do work on. Roads, bridges, schools. Less than a year ago we did the excavation for two different 1 million bushel grain bins for farmers to store there subsidiary corn in.

Schools, roads, bridges, sidewalks, playgrounds, local pools, hospitals, airports, prisons, municipal work, HOA work, affordable housing, local grants, state grants, federal grants.

Unless I’m misunderstanding the meaning of “the entire construction industry” lol

Head in the sand/ass if someone thinks their industry isn’t full of subsidies.

Last edited:
Schools, roads, bridges, sidewalks, playgrounds, local pools, hospitals, airports, prisons, municipal work, HOA work, affordable housing, local grants, state grants, federal grants.

Unless I’m misunderstanding the meaning of “the entire construction industry” lol

Head in the sand/ass if someone thinks their industry isn’t full of subsidies.
Yah farming its just a little more cut and dry or exposed I guess, for a lack of better word. Schools are our bread and butter every summer rehabbing parking lots and additions. Also pretty sure there is a tax break for us on that work.

Last edited:
Yah farming its just a little more cut and dry or 3xoosed I guess, for a lack of better word. Schools are our bread and butter every summer rehabbing parking lots and additions. Also pretty sure there is a tax break for us on that work.

Yeah even if it’s not all technically subsidies, the construction industry siphons enormous profit off the tax payers, if not a majority of its profit.

Working on affordable housing projects that are subsidized isn't really being subsidized.

Beyond that, I can't find anything in regards to the industry being subsidized. Your graph only shows 2 years of there being any assistance. So nothing before then?

Not a head in the sand. I've been in the industry for a long time. Even government projects require contractors to bid the work, then the gov takes the lowest bidder. Per usual, they're absolutely shit to work with too.

Yah farming its just a little more cut and dry or 3xoosed I guess, for a lack of better word. Schools are our bread and butter every summer rehabbing parking lots and additions. Also pretty sure there is a tax break for us on that work.
Schools get money to do necessary upgrades. We do a bunch ever summer also. It's always publicly bid work and the margins are thin at best. General Contractors are bidding projects with about a 2.5-3% profit most of the time.

Yeah even if it’s not all technically subsidies, the construction industry siphons enormous profit off the tax payers, if not a majority of its profit.
The most profitable work is negotiated work with clients. Anyone in my position will tell you the same thing. They'd rather work for an independent owner or company vs any type of government work. The profit is thin, and the people are what you'd expect.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
george84
Back