What's on the smoker today?

Been talking about doing the same thing with guys from work. Grocery store had them on sale yesterday too! So I’ve got one in the freezer for maybe next week.

What’s your favorite way to do them in the smoker?
Dry rub, wrap in seran wrap and let sit overnight. Smoke at 225-250 for as long as it takes to hit 170ish internal. Spritz occasionally with 50/50 mix of apple juice/cider and apple cider vinegar. Then wrap and keep cooking until 200-205 internal. Take it off and let it rest, wrapped, in a cooler for a few hours. Pull it apart and enjoy with your favorite sauce for pulled pork, or crisp it up a bit in a cast iron for carnitas.

Been talking about doing the same thing with guys from work. Grocery store had them on sale yesterday too! So I’ve got one in the freezer for maybe next week.

What’s your favorite way to do them in the smoker?
@Wildabeest pretty much nailed it. Only thing I've been doing different lately is using pineapple juice instead of apple. Also don't skip the rub and seran wrap overnight it really helps IMO. Found this one for just over $12 the other day.20240925_085137.jpg

@Wildabeest pretty much nailed it. Only thing I've been doing different lately is using pineapple juice instead of apple. Also don't skip the rub and seran wrap overnight it really helps IMO. Found this one for just over $12 the other day.View attachment 341606
We had them for .99/lb. but I have 2 already. You guys are making me want to get one out!

For some reason it hasn't crossed my mind to preseason and wrap.
Going to give that a try. Maybe a night wrapped and then an hour or so unwrapped in the fridge to dry the surface out a bit to promote bark? (I'm currently using a propane smoker and bark is hit/miss)

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emmagator
Back