What's on the smoker today?

@Wildabeest, @WildWill, what's your brine recipe and smoke time/temp? Cleaning out the freezer for upcoming season and have always wanted to make pastrami.

I use Hank Shaws corned venison recipe to brine my pastrami. After brining I add my rub (3tbs black pepper, 1tsp coriander, 1tsp garlic powder) then I let it sit in the fridge overnight. Next smoke at 160-180 degrees till the internal temp hits 145.

Last edited:
I use Hank Shaws corned venison recipe to brine my pastrami. After brining I add my rub (3tbs black pepper, 1tsp coriander, 1tsp garlic powder) then I let it sit in the fridge overnight. Next smoke at 160-180 degrees till the internal temp hits 145.
Same. Note that Hank Shaw’s rub calls for equal parts pepper and coriander, which is way too much coriander IMO. Will’s is a much better ratio. Juniper berries would be a good add to both the brine and the rub if you can find them.

Same. Note that Hank Shaw’s rub calls for equal parts pepper and coriander, which is way too much coriander IMO. Will’s is a much better ratio. Juniper berries would be a good add to both the brine and the rub if you can find them.
I appreciate it. Thanks for the coriander tip!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back