Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, they're basically just quoting Vance.

“If I had been vice president, I would have told the states like Pennsylvania, Georgia and so many others that we needed to have multiple slates of electors, and I think the U.S. Congress should have fought over it from there,” Vance said in an interview on ABC’s “This Week” in February.
Yep. What some folks fail to realize is the accusations that seem way out there are based on direct evidence.

Back to Trump getting shot

How in the heLL in 2024 can a 20 year old with no major accomplishments no tactical training and with out lots of help. Climb up on a roof top 140 yards away and shoot a former president of the USA all while the secret service is providing the highest level of security?? All the money, technology, experience, training, unlimited resources, successful experienced professional service men on guard!!!!! How can one 20 year old get that close and pull a shot off> I just can't see this as being a security breakdown. Has to be more going on here. Someone left the gate open or the window open at a minimum. No way in hell is it possible> its a total embarrassment epic failure or something else.
The same question was asked with Hinkley. Frankly, the real surprise should probably be that this doesn't happen more often.

I'm gonna need to hear Vance giggle...

Back to Trump getting shot

How in the heLL in 2024 can a 20 year old with no major accomplishments no tactical training and with out lots of help. Climb up on a roof top 140 yards away and shoot a former president of the USA all while the secret service is providing the highest level of security?? All the money, technology, experience, training, unlimited resources, successful experienced professional service men on guard!!!!! How can one 20 year old get that close and pull a shot off> I just can't see this as being a security breakdown. Has to be more going on here. Someone left the gate open or the window open at a minimum. No way in hell is it possible> its a total embarrassment epic failure or something else.
Why did they hold off on security for RDK Jr until today?

To be fair, they're basically just quoting Vance.

“If I had been vice president, I would have told the states like Pennsylvania, Georgia and so many others that we needed to have multiple slates of electors, and I think the U.S. Congress should have fought over it from there,” Vance said in an interview on ABC’s “This Week” in February.
I was talking about what Biden specially said Saturday and what his campaign manager nearly immediately did on Monday to the contrary. What Vance said in February is irrelevant to the point I was making

Security failures are part of the deal. As I said earlier in the thread, nothing humans do can ever be perfect.

The first big one in my memory bank is when Jack Ruby walked right up to Lee Harvey Oswald and shot him in the abdomen. There have been earlier ones, I'm certain.

Security failures are part of the deal. As I said earlier in the thread, nothing humans do can ever be perfect.

The first big one in my memory bank is when Jack Ruby walked right up to Lee Harvey Oswald and shot him in the abdomen. There have been earlier ones, I'm certain.
Was that a failure?

Yep. What some folks fail to realize is the accusations that seem way out there are based on direct evidence.
First off, Jan 6th was an abomination. No excuses, no acceptance.

That being said, Vance merely recited the constitutional process for resolving an election dispute. I disagree with his view that the standard was met to initiate this process, but if one did believe it had what he referred to is the lawful and constitutional process.

So we learned nothing? What would happen if the taliban or such made an attack?
I say the same with airport security. A very complex world filled with impatient millions who can't be bothered for a moment as they rush from one thing to another is not a security friendly environment.

Reactions: Hem
I was talking about what Biden specially said Saturday and what his campaign manager nearly immediately did on Monday to the contrary. What Vance said in February is irrelevant to the point I was making
So how long would you say this period of saying nothing but good things about Trump should last? And does that apply in reverse to what is said at the Republican convention?

Are you saying you believe the government narrative?

So how long would you say this period of saying nothing but good things about Trump should last? And does that apply in reverse to what is said at the Republican convention?
He is owed zero time of only good things. Attack his tax policy, his stance on abortion, his criminal convictions, his covid policy, etc. What we are talking about here - and what Biden damn well knew on Saturday (or at least his advisors knew) was that this "greatest threat to American democracy since Hitler" vibe is toxic and can only lead to bad places. Haven't voted for Trump yet and unlikely to start now, but he is no more Hitler than Biden is Stalin. Stick to actual policies is all I ask, leave the historical hyperbole out for at least a week after you (Biden) say it is important to do so.

He is owed zero time of only good things. Attack his tax policy, his stance on abortion, his criminal convictions, his covid policy, etc. What we are talking about here - and what Biden damn well knew on Saturday (or at least his advisors knew) was that this "greatest threat to American democracy since Hitler" vibe is toxic and can only lead to bad places. Haven't voted for Trump yet and unlikely to start now, but he is no more Hitler than Biden is Stalin. Stick to actual policies is all I ask, leave the historical hyperbole out for at least a week after you (Biden) say it is important to do so.
Obviously words matter, and that statement was clearly written to stir up fear and rage, but it has to be fair game to honestly discuss the threat another Trump presidency poses to American democracy. That is and has always been my greatest concern with Trump, not his economic policy or Covid policy or immigration policy. His disregard for democratic norms and the rule of law, especially with the effectively absolute immunity now granted by SCOTUS, and his very open intent to weaponize the justice system against political opponents all make me fear that my 6 month old daughter may never get to vote in a free and fair election. Lots of policy mistakes can be undone, but it’s hard to put the authoritarian cat back in the bag.

Obviously words matter, and that statement was clearly written to stir up fear and rage, but it has to be fair game to honestly discuss the threat another Trump presidency poses to American democracy. That is and has always been my greatest concern with Trump, not his economic policy or Covid policy or immigration policy. His disregard for democratic norms and the rule of law, especially with the effectively absolute immunity now granted by SCOTUS, and his very open intent to weaponize the justice system against political opponents all make me fear that my 6 month old daughter may never get to vote in a free and fair election. Lots of policy mistakes can be undone, but it’s hard to put the authoritarian cat back in the bag.
I mean - save for jan 6th (which inherently cant happen again) what was broken or wrong for american democracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back