The Governor, the Wolf and the Warden: A Fresh Look at a Gianforte Hunt

I can't believe in mt. Wether it's a dem or reb. Not a good canidate. Give us home grown guy. That will lead. Do what is right

But come on, nobody is going to convince me that they actually care that a guy who has trapped for 50 years didn’t take a trivial online course before shooting a wolf.
Nobody is going to convince me that a 63-year-old who was born in San Diego, raised in Philadelphia, started a software company in high school, and played squash at his private college has been trapping for 50 years.

At least your governor hunts and traps. Take a look at WA and CO and vote wisely in November.
Look at Busse’s socials - he hunts a ton. So both alternatives are hunters. And Greg hunts like Joe Rogan hunts, how much would you be willing to bet he’s taken a single animal on public land?

Helped what with the god damned roads? Be specific or you’re full of ship high in transit!
Counties need money for roads, SB442 would’ve dedicated a portion of MJ taxes to maintaining county roads. Gianforte wanted the entire MJ tax to go to the general fund, which fortunately failed. Pay attention to the legislature this time around and contact your reps and let them know you want MJ tax money going to county roads!

Nobody is going to convince me that a 63-year-old who was born in San Diego, raised in Philadelphia, started a software company in high school, and played squash at his private college has been trapping for 50 years.
Oh heck. He played squash in college?! I love playing squash. Most other politicians don’t know the game. Good enough for me, all else if forgotten.

This seems to be the line of reasoning on some of these posts.

And I do love playing squash. Sue me.

Would be nice indeed. But it would take *just* a bit more than a guy self-reporting a mistake 25 years ago, and forgetting to watch a PowerPoint, to make me vote for a Senior Advisor at Giffords.
I've been hunting for more than 4 decades never have made the "mistake" of blasting a spike bull in a brow tine only unit.

Haven't trapped much in the past 20 years, but i knew the regulations inside and out when I did. I took it seriously when I did trap, you can be guaranteed of that. I knew what the quotas were for lynx, wolverine, bobcats and fisher and knew the limits on other fur bearers. Requirements on trap tagging, checking requirements, yada yada.

If a D governor would have pulled the shit Gianforte has, between his body slamming a reporter, hunting/ trapping violations, and his bullying of the FWP employees, etc. etc. you would be calling for their resignation and crying non stop.

Your political bias allows you to forgive and forget as long as it's R. What a joke.

I've been hunting for more than 4 decades never have made the "mistake" of blasting a spike bull in a brow tine only unit.

Haven't trapped much in the past 20 years, but i knew the regulations inside and out when I did. I took it seriously when I did trap, you can be guaranteed of that. I knew what the quotas were for lynx, wolverine, bobcats and fisher and knew the limits on other fur bearers. Requirements on trap tagging, checking requirements, yada yada.

If a D governor would have pulled the shit Gianforte has, between his body slamming a reporter, hunting/ trapping violations, and his bullying of the FWP employees, etc. etc. you would be calling for their resignation and crying non stop.

Your political bias allows you to forgive and forget as long as it's R. What a joke.
Buzz - serious question - have you ever voted for R?

Hell yes I have. Have you ever found a clue?
Lol. Glad you have. The only time im not actually trying to piss you off and i do. I only ask because you made a comment about bias - and I feel like you also have your own. Nothing wrong with it - but good to hear you arent a straight line voter.

Lol. Glad you have. The only time im not actually trying to piss you off and i do. I only ask because you made a comment about bias - and I feel like you also have your own. Nothing wrong with it - but good to hear you arent a straight line voter.
Yeah, I have a bias in favor of a Governor that doesn't have to take anger management courses, can't read and comprehend trapping regulations, and knows the difference between a spike bull and a brow tined bull. Also not fond of a Governor that appoints BS GF directors that run their biologists, wardens, etc. off that disagree with the dictatorship he's running in Montana.

In my world I want opposing ideas and independent thinkers all day long over employees that just do my bidding so I won't fire them.

It's alarming how Americans claim to want "freedom" then elect folks that want anything but that. It's unbelievable.

Oh heck. He played squash in college?! I love playing squash. Most other politicians don’t know the game. Good enough for me, all else if forgotten.

This seems to be the line of reasoning on some of these posts.

And I do love playing squash. Sue me.
I dabbled with squash myself in college when the racquetball courts were all booked, so no judgement against squash. Just everything about his background leads me to believe he picked up hunting/trapping in 1995 when he moved to Montana. He's been hunting in some form or another much longer than I have, I'm just tired of the hyperbole of every new Montanan that suddenly was born in the woods while their mother checked a trap line.

I cannot wait for the day when you finally have that blue governor and state legislature you so desperately crave, only to wake up one morning and wonder where your guns went, why you can’t hunt bears, wolves, or lions anymore, and why there are zookeepers and vegans running your state game agency.

I cannot wait for the day when you finally have that blue governor and state legislature you so desperately crave, only to wake up one morning and wonder where your guns went, why you can’t hunt bears, wolves, or lions anymore, and why there are zookeepers and vegans running your state game agency.
Gosh ... what a creative, balanced talking point. Not!!!
Personally, I prefer it when the legislative majority is of one party and the Governor's office is of the other. Furthermore, I'd prefer the Legislature to meet two days every ninety years ... instead of ninety long painfully expensive days every two years. Also, as a lifelong older Montanan I would prefer for the legislative, executive, and judicial branches to once again respect one another!

In my world I want opposing ideas and independent thinkers all day long over employees that just do my bidding so I won't fire them.

Odd you get cranky about opposing ideas on this site but say you are ok with your subordinates disagreeing with you.

Since you work where you do, you know that independent thinker is more of a Silicon Valley concept. You also know that it’d be very difficult for you to unilaterally fire your subordinates. Worst case scenario they transfer and are probably better off anyway.

Yeah, I have a bias in favor of a Governor that doesn't have to take anger management courses, can't read and comprehend trapping regulations, and knows the difference between a spike bull and a brow tined bull. Also not fond of a Governor that appoints BS GF directors that run their biologists, wardens, etc. off that disagree with the dictatorship he's running in Montana.

It's alarming how Americans claim to want "freedom" then elect folks that want anything but that. It's unbelievable.
I regret voting east coast sportsman grifting greg, on the whole.

Are you happy now?

This is the real crisis.

You get to pick a poison and suffer the consequences of special interest either way.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrentR
Back