PEAX Equipment

The Governor, the Wolf and the Warden: A Fresh Look at a Gianforte Hunt

I’m already ready for election season to be over. None of these people give two chits about the public land hunter or hunting. If that was the case corner crossing wouldn’t be an issue we would have never talked about it in my lifetime because it would have been handled. Both parties have had chances to right that wrong none have.

Story reeks of just anti-hunting and anti-trapping sentiment. Sure, the dude was a moron for trying to cover it up instead of owning the mistake. I won’t argue that.

But come on, nobody is going to convince me that they actually care that a guy who has trapped for 50 years didn’t take a trivial online course before shooting a wolf. Especially not when his gubernatorial opponent is a literal gun-grabbing radical tyrant.

At least your governor hunts and traps. Take a look at WA and CO and vote wisely in November.
Trivial online course? It's more than a "ONLINE Course" you have to take a trapping class to get the licence now, or you'd have had to take a wolf certification course.

Trivial online course? It's more than a "ONLINE Course" you have to take a trapping class to get the licence now, or you'd have had to take a wolf certification course.

It’s been this way since wolf trapping was made legal hasn’t it? It’s a significant time investment to be certified but it certainly isn’t unclear in the regulations that it’s required.

It’s been this way since wolf trapping was made legal hasn’t it? It’s a significant time investment to be certified but it certainly isn’t unclear in the regulations that it’s required.
Certification course takes part of a day. It's pretty simple. mtmuley

It's not a significant time investment.

It's a 3 hour course at the FWP office. I have it. Was very informative though far, far from a significant time investment

That's your take away?

Aside, a leghold trap large enough to hold a wolf certainly will do damage. FWP uses padded leghold traps when trapping wolves to minimize the trauma and damage.
Go trap a wolf a see how they react. Most will just lay and let you walk right up to them.

Add to cart

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240630_120805_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240630_120805_Chrome.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 12
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrestonThayne
Back