Influencers Ruining Stuff

We really need a new Ted Kaczynski to send influencers some top notch fan mail. I’m getting so fed up with spot burners destroying the natural world.
wishing for their deaths seems extreme. i just hope they like, lose hunting privileges, or something.

wishing for their deaths seems extreme. i just hope they like, lose hunting privileges, or something.

Kill them all with fire!

Jk jk…just kick them in the nuts repeatedly.

I do fantasize (and I don’t like that I do, in need to relax) about running into one someday with his stupid film stick out for YouTube.

Like it or not, Randy is probably one of the best influencers, and yet he seems to be admired where everyone else isn’t
It's simple tho, randy is in the trenches and does everything he can for the resource and a lot of his content reflects that. Which is why he only has 146K followers on Instagram and people like cam hanes have 1.7 million followers. The Instagram generation of hunters care enough about the resource to exploit it for likes, shares, and for some money. They don't care enough to take care of the resource if they did randy would have 1.7 million followers and people like cam hanes would have 7.

Post #115

Basically: "This is my first post. Give me spots so I can kill a bull and put them on my YouTube channel."

It's simple tho, randy is in the trenches and does everything he can for the resource and a lot of his content reflects that. Which is why he only has 146K followers on Instagram and people like cam hanes have 1.7 million followers. The Instagram generation of hunters care enough about the resource to exploit it for likes, shares, and for some money. They don't care enough to take care of the resource if they did randy would have 1.7 million followers and people like cam hanes would have 7.
Curious if someone took the good done for hunting, for the public land hunting resident, and weighed that against the spot burning, excess recruitment, lowered draw odds, increased NR pressure, smaller learning curves for new hunters, increased new hunter efficiency and success, etc, what that split would look like and how much the good would outweigh the harm. Be interesting to quantify.

A large part of the good done for the resource and the hobby might just be damage control for the bad that comes with a deep enjoyment for seeing your own face and hearing your own voice on a social media platform.

This is likely the best response for *responsible "influencers" and... rationale that keeps the king happy.
However Meateater holds numerous publications valuable for conservation and "influencing" 1.2 million followers, 10x's Newberg Fresh Tracks. I would say the intensity of conservation may not match though people follow for the better vs vast #'s of, "influencers".

Also, information and landscape *could be reduced during editing to not throw a figurative stick of dynamite onto developed, often generational, mapped and scoured honey holes by our most valued "influencers".

Curious if someone took the good done for hunting, for the public land hunting resident, and weighed that against the spot burning, excess recruitment, lowered draw odds, increased NR pressure, smaller learning curves for new hunters, increased new hunter efficiency and success, etc, what that split would look like and how much the good would outweigh the harm. Be interesting to quantify.

A large part of the good done for the resource and the hobby might just be damage control for the bad that comes with a deep enjoyment for seeing your own face and hearing your own voice on a social media platform.
This x 1000. Everytime I hear about some influencer being an “ambassador” for hunting I want to puke. What good are they doing when you consider they f@ck it up for everyone else?
Oh, but they’re helping recruitment, helping the resource, blah blah blah. Only thing I see them helping is their egos, bank accounts, and their choice of private access….. at yours and mine expense.
I’m getting old I guess, seemed like yesterday that a guy who shared someone’s hunting spot was a pariah and lower than worm shit. Now they all have podcasts and are celebrated?????

The video production quality has gone way up, the trophy quality has gone way down

Just tighten them laces up, there’s a 150” muley, 13” antelope, and a 280” bull out there for your social media page if you just hunt hard during the whole 12-week season

Guilty.

On numerous accounts.

First, I actually did come to S E Montana to hunt whitetails, and yup, I watched the video several times, along with others he's posted in the same area.

Also Guilty.

HUSH is a Utah company, and as a resident, we are all tainted by that

Hunting/fishing spots always get blown up it’s just part of the process. But eventually it won’t be as good and less and less people will go there which eventually brings back the nature. And then bam all of a sudden it’s a great spot again.

quote-go-west-young-man-go-west-there-is-health-in-the-country-and-room-away-from-our-crowds-horace-greeley-79-21-66.jpg

The original Influencer....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MidwestSniper03
Back