PEAX Equipment

Influencers Ruining Stuff

Bugs me Mr. Influencer/ Joe fly fisherman doesn't wet his hands before grabbing trout.
Clown.

I don't like seeing spots getting blown up on the internet as much as the next guy, but to be honest if every spot in the world gets blown up on the internet, they'll eventually all get so diluted that it has little to no effect anymore right?
Progression of social media. It's NOT going to change - it will increase, no matter how much we may dislike. I agree. A couple generations down the road and distribution to all the, "so called" great spots will be far spread.

Heck Randy announces the locations he hunts, in general though it is pretty darn simple to watch the videos and view the surroundings to know where he's at / an approximation of his area. This happens during Spring bear in Idaho and Montana to someone posting on the internet. Influencers exploit the instant sensation for keyboard to outdoors. Good thing to have more people outdoors? Yes and no. Double edge sword. More promotion of public land at the expense of more people on public land...

I think to most influencers, the attention they get and money is way more important than the actual hunting/fishing experience. I know some that try to be influencers, and they’re not bad guys, but they’re mostly going from spot to spot without any concern of burning spots as they have no intentions of going back themselves. It’s all about content to attract more followers. Influencers crave attention above all else.
There is a certain narcissism that comes with the gig. The place is not the product, they themselves are. Hence little concern for the place. Thing about the nitwit that was posting vids of himself dropping a deuce in the mountain lake. Loser. Mentally ill.

But someone has to consume the content. No followers = no influence.

Thank God we do not have full sensory immersion media. No one would ever leave their house. The day that happens, our society will collapse. Less competition at the trailhead, I suppose. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainstorm_(1983_film)

We get a dopamine hit from watching, they get a dopamine hit knowing we are watching.

Yep recognized it within the first 2 seconds. Now I feel guilty for even watching the video.

I hate influencers with a fiery passion. And articles about "(fill in the blank)'s best kept secrets".

Last edited:
Progression of social media. It's NOT going to change - it will increase, no matter how much we may dislike. I agree. A couple generations down the road and distribution to all the, "so called" great spots will be far spread.
You might be suprised - a lot of the younger generation doesnt like it. I think there will be a shift.

Sad are "Influencers" who cause such civil unrest on current unfounded disinformation: Example, U.K where a 17 year old was arrested for stabbing to death 3 young girls and critically injuring up to 11 others. Influencer(s) then project it instantly as a case of refugee/Asylee as the 17 year old and now up to 50 police officers have been injured and a few remain in the hospital.

Terrible situation where "Influencer" control over sheep desperate to believe anything has led to a fickle mob rioting...

Judge Andrew Menary said his decision to allow Axel Rudakubana to be named was exceptional given the boy’s age. But he said the teen will lose his right to anonymity when he turns 18 next week and continuing to shield his identity could allow false information about his name and immigration status to metastasize.

Sure influencers are bad, for a variety of reasons. But in the end, its public land isn't it? People are not breaking any laws going there if they can figure out where it is. With how popular outdoor sports are getting, just a matter of time for anywhere really.

I've had enough run-ins with inbred hicks from little podunk towns trying to threaten me off crown land here in Canada that I have every right to be on, that I really have no patience with people trying to claim public land as 'their own' or 'locals only'.

Sure influencers are bad, for a variety of reasons. But in the end, its public land isn't it? People are not breaking any laws going there if they can figure out where it is. With how popular outdoor sports are getting, just a matter of time for anywhere really.

I've had enough run-ins with inbred hicks from little podunk towns trying to threaten me off crown land here in Canada that I have every right to be on, that I really have no patience with people trying to claim public land as 'their own' or 'locals only'.
It does happen though where the influencer is breaking the law. You cannot profit off the public land, such as making money from the content you produce, unless you have a valid permit from the public land office stating that you can. Same concept for outfitters that use the public land for their services. There are a few threads on this forum discussing this topic as the rules and enforcement are not great. If there was a massive shift in the rules and enforcement of this policy, the amount of content would drastically shrink.

the vast majority of time they probably need a film permit, but the dirty truth is most people filming for content on public land aren’t getting them. That and the influencer world is actively working to reduce the film permit requirements and costs

Sure influencers are bad, for a variety of reasons. But in the end, its public land isn't it? People are not breaking any laws going there if they can figure out where it is.
To me its more of a moral issue rather than a legal issue.

I feel like WWI is the final level of this. Like you know there is no coming back at that point.
Franz Ferdinand, who was the nephew of the Austro-Hungarian emperor, was killed by a group called the Black Hand. And because they were a Serbian nationalist society, the empire declared war on Serbia. Then Russia, which was bound by a treaty, was forced to mobilize, which meant that Germany had to declare war on Russia. Then France declared war on Germany, and that was World War I. Because the emperor's nephew was killed.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntTalkMa’am
Back