PEAX Equipment

Gov't Shutdown Closes National Wildlife Refuges

Fall indeed! Get outdoors.

1375967_10201040763676001_499198424_n.jpg

558058_10201044642572971_2036824684_n.jpg

1381663_10201054668263607_995944253_n.jpg

Awesome! 4 weeks to go for me.

Two things about this shutdown:

1. Every member of Congress should be fined $10,000 per day for every day past October 1 there is no budget in place. I expect nothing from congress and they never fail to disappoint on every level.

2. The furlough will have a definite impact on the wildlife populations of Wyoming, Montana and Colorado....

Yet no one has PM'd me to meet in the Lamar Valley for a free elk, deer, lope, black bear, griz, moose, sheep combo hunt.

How bout a Bison hunt? Not to mention all those shed antlers lying around.

As a society, we can view ourselves through the works of our Gov't. A society that says "feed the poor, clothe the homeless" isn't really one to look down upon.

These gov't programs were instituted not in an effort to "get more votes" but to serve the people of this nation. They were brought forth because the private sector refused to do this job.

I don't see a problem in following this scripture both in terms of how I allocate my donations or my taxes. It's just good governance.

Tony - you're right. I'm done with this. Taking the dog for a hike.

Where is the passage about giving out obamaphones?

And is there anything in the Bible about having to actually use food stamps for food instead of crap from convenience stores?

I'm all for helping people, but I'm not in favor of trying to protect them from their own stupidity and free up their cash for flatscreen TVs, alcohol, cigarettes, and keno machines, which is what our welfare state has become.

We feed and clothe plenty of people if they want it. The problem is, most of them just don't want to work.

Jesus Christ also said if a man doesn't work he shall not eat.

Its ironic that these communist libs promote food stamps and social welfare, but are all for abortion. One of the functions of the church is to help those in need, not the govt.

"Render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's, and unto God the things which are Gods" mark 12:17

Ben, do you know what the "eye of the needle is"?

and if you don't think that the gov't programs are a way of purchasing votes think again...and the private sector of the U.S., gives more $$ annually to charity than most countries do...

were i placed in charge, we no longer would have welfare...I would have a "work incentive check"...you still get your check, but there are rules:
1. pass a urine test
2. before check is picked up, minimum of 40 hrs. community service,i.e. cleaning/painting Gov't property...make it so having a job is suddenly more appealing and less work than working the system

"Render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's, and unto God the things which are Gods" mark 12:17

Ben, do you know what the "eye of the needle is"?

and if you don't think that the gov't programs are a way of purchasing votes think again...and the private sector of the U.S., gives more $$ annually to charity than most countries do...

were i placed in charge, we no longer would have welfare...I would have a "work incentive check"...you still get your check, but there are rules:
1. pass a urine test
2. before check is picked up, minimum of 40 hrs. community service,i.e. cleaning/painting Gov't property...make it so having a job is suddenly more appealing and less work than working the system

C'mon Eric, you can't inringe upon someone's Constitutional right to be lazy and sit on their ass!:D

I've been camping while working on a field project by Ely, Nv and the Forest Service posted this at the pay station.

"This USDA facility is currently closed, due to the lapse in federal govt funding. The office will reopen once Congress restores funding."

I guess federal employees are getting a dose of reality for what its like to work in the private sector.

Called Congressman Daines office today and they picked up the phone.

Called Senator Testor's office and they were not taking calls because of the shutdown.

Called Senator Baucus office and they were shut down as well.

So who's shutting down our Government?

Not sure how dated the $$$ is, though it certainly strike the correct vibe.

image1.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeoregonhunter
Back