Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Gov't Shutdown Closes National Wildlife Refuges

Horse feathers. Attempting to crater the Gov't and our economy because the House hasn't been able to pass legislation defunding or repealing the ACA 42 times is not a basis for negotiation.

Obama said he wouldn't talk. The shutdown is on him.

Congress writes the law, not the President. If he wants something, he needs to talk to them.

I can also blame it on a President who has absolutely no idea how to negotiate, build consensus, pull disparate groups together, and work concessions. This is no surprise to anyone, we've all seen the warning signs, and this issue has been in the news, for 18 months. Instead of preaching about gun control and the George Zimmerman case, the President should have been trying to lead.
We need a lead free President. For centuries, lead toxicity has been one of the most significant preventable causes of neurologic morbidity from an environmental toxin. A heavy metal, lead is ubiquitous in our environment but has no physiologic role in biological systems. Its effects are pervasive yet often subtle, with consequences ranging from cognitive impairment in children to peripheral neuropathy in adults leading them to believe all that chit they hear on talk radio.

The feds don't want us to realize we really don't need them for our day to day living, especially for what it costs us.

Do you really think we wouldn't notice if the the Military was shut down tomorrow? How about the USDA food inspectors? All air travel(FAA)? How about Seniors eating or being able to receive health care? Do you think we should board up the CIA,FBI,Homeland Security? Who's gonna pay to fight the fires all over the West next Summer?Should we just swing the doors open on all Federal Penitentiaries?
I'm not saying that the whole thing can't be run more efficiently, but make no mistake just ''Burning'' it all down isn't the answer.

Horse feathers. Attempting to crater the Gov't and our economy because the House hasn't been able to pass legislation defunding or repealing the ACA 42 times is not a basis for negotiation.

The budget and debt issues have been known since back when the Pres appointed the "Super-Committee" that was going to deal with the financial concerns. The Committee failed miserably. At THAT point, instead of posturing in the press, the President should have started the tough, serious negotiation process. If all you do is talk to the press about how people need to do what you say, and you don't invest serious time in talking to those people yourself, how receptive do you think they're going to be?

We had similar issues during the Reagan, Clinton, and Bush administrations. The difference? All of those Presidents made some effort to negotiate with the other party.

The budget and debt issues have been known since back when the Pres appointed the "Super-Committee" that was going to deal with the financial concerns. The Committee failed miserably. At THAT point, instead of posturing in the press, the President should have started the tough, serious negotiation process. If all you do is talk to the press about how people need to do what you say, and you don't invest serious time in talking to those people yourself, how receptive do you think they're going to be?

We had similar issues during the Reagan, Clinton, and Bush administrations. The difference? All of those Presidents made some effort to negotiate with the other party.
It is really amazing that people see the same thing so differently. The super committee failed because Boehner insisted "taxes are off the table," which has been his stance for several years. How is "off the table" negotiating?

It is really amazing that people see the same thing so differently. The super committee failed because Boehner insisted "taxes are off the table," which has been his stance for several years. How is "off the table" negotiating?

Taxes were raised. What are you talking about?

Do you really think we wouldn't notice if the the Military was shut down tomorrow? How about the USDA food inspectors? All air travel(FAA)? How about Seniors eating or being able to receive health care? Do you think we should board up the CIA,FBI,Homeland Security? Who's gonna pay to fight the fires all over the West next Summer?Should we just swing the doors open on all Federal Penitentiaries?
I'm not saying that the whole thing can't be run more efficiently, but make no mistake just ''Burning'' it all down isn't the answer.

Those are all essential services and are still up and running. Its all the stuff that is currently shut down that they have to convince us we "need" by locking us out of our public lands

And by the way, I think NOBODY should fight the fires in the west next year. Ridiculous waste of resources and risk of human lives to save some yuppys' vacation homes

I can point you to the tax code that raised taxes earlier this year.

The tax code is proof Boehner negotiated tax increases.
No need - I am familiar with the tax increase. However, during the "negotiating" process that was Boehner's stance. We are now in a new negotiation and Obama's stance is something like "Obamacare is off the table." How is this any worse than Boehner's stance?

No need - I am familiar with the tax increase. However, during the "negotiating" process that was Boehner's stance. We are now in a new negotiation and Obama's stance is something like "Obamacare is off the table." How is this any worse than Boehner's stance?

I'm very sure Obama's stance is everything is off the table.

Please provide me with evidence saying he is willing to negotiate.

I'm very sure Obama's stance is everything is off the table.

Please provide me with evidence saying he is willing to negotiate.
Sure, but that is off the table until you explain how Boehner's position that he maintained for several years of "taxes are off the table" is negotiating.

Sure, but that is off the table until you explain how Boehner's position that he maintained for several years of "taxes are off the table" is negotiating.

Are you saying Obama will negotiate?

If so, then when?

Sorry, all questions are off the table until you explain how Boehner's multi-year position on taxes was negotiating.

The facts are Boehner negotiated with Obama. Obama will also now if he wants his debt ceiling increase.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeoregonhunter
Back