Elk sheds yet?

This morning:

Bull3-2.jpg

The bull above from this morning is the left bull in the photo in post #47.

It's never a 200" set....:(

Pair.jpg

Don't know if they've all dropped, but at least two have as of today.

Picture009.jpg

Picture014.jpg

And the requisite Mystery Ranch pack shot:

Picture016.jpg

More white crappola today. Somebody post some big, beautiful browns, please.

HGshed.jpg

A buddy and I picked up 17 on Friday 2 over 350 (not a match set) and only 4 white's between the 2 of us.I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how to keep from giving away the area. My buddy has never found a brown elk shed and his 1st one scored 155 4/8 and tipped the scale at 11.3 and his last shed scored 155 2/8 and also weighted in at 11.3

This dude is still hanging on as of this evening. They're going to be hard whites by the time they hit the ground.

4-13.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but "whites" means they're what..? ...from last year:confused:??

I found one a couple weeks ago that I thought HAD to be from this year, but it is VERY WHITE?!

shed019.jpg

Reason I thought so, was it was 'obvious'-glowing in the setting sun, and I spotted it near a huge tract of public land from over 300 yards away in my truck?

...There is a 'slight' possibility I was tresspassing when I ran up the hill and grabbed it, but still- I'd have thought someone would have by then?:cool:

Are "whites" considered those 'not picked up' from last year or just not as cool as fresh-brown?

Moe:eek:

Hard white is just a term for a year-old antler that has bleached but hasn't started cracking yet. The one you're holding definitely looks to be a year old.

There is a photo earlier in this thread of a white 6-point quite a ways up a hill. I took that photo from a paved, well-traveled road. When I picked it up last Saturday it was obviously 2 years old and starting to crack. Hard to believe it layed up there for 2 years, but I was as guilty as everyone else, driving past it at least 200 times.:eek:

"Oh, it's a white" is what your shed hunting pal says while being skunked while you are picking up. It has a double meaning best I could tell.;)

Back