Elk sheds yet?

I've seen moose with antlers way after that. I had two spotted up in the Bridgers one year in late March and they had both sides still on. I thought I was going to be picking up two sets of moose sheds that spring but the next week they moved down to the private land.

Today:

Bulls.jpg
[/URL]

You guys still got some snow built up. Is that north or south facing?

looks like something in the brush to the left of the snow, center of pic. Kind of a vertical with a couple of horizontals coming off it.

Do you use a spotter quite a bit to find sheds? I thought one just stumbled around and found them...seriously.

A spotter can be useful for elk sheds in certain terrain/vegetation, but I usually stick to the binos.

I was working today...scanning for birds in my binos. Thought I saw a dead bull laying up on the hill, so I threw the spotter up on it. Turned out to be a live bull sleeping with his head on the ground. Scanned around and found another bedded bull, then spotted the sight above. The bummer is that I won't be able to go up and get it for another month (ie, no sleep for a month :rolleyes:).

Gotcha! Heck, dealing with all that Cash I'm surprised you're getting any sleep anyway.... ;)

The bummer is that I won't be able to go up and get it for another month (ie, no sleep for a month :rolleyes:).

If you want to tell me where it is I will go get it so you don't have to worry about it for a month.:D

Oh ya thats a shed alright. That might possibly another one above it in the brush...but I might be getting the fever.

Nice find Oak! Hopefully it'll still be there when you're able to get it.

sheds2010003.jpg

highest scoring elk shed I've picked up to date...168" with over half of the G5 broke off. Never found the other side and never knew what became of this bull. H1 is over 11". 59" MB.

mysheds2004001.jpg

Matched set picked up in September 2004, dropped in the spring of the same year. I killed this bull on opening day of rifle season. The sheds went 346" with a 40" IS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boytoman
Back