Elk sheds yet?

I must be watching the wrong ones?!!?

P1010885.jpg

P1010882.jpg

P1010883.jpg

I have some more really crappy spotting scope photos of bulls still packing today, along with some more currently inaccessible sheds. Here's one of them:

6pt.jpg

Three more bulls. All still holding on to their hardware. I'm about 8 miles into my shed hunting this year with nothing to show for it.

I watched a one-antlered 5-point shaking his head back and forth yesterday morning through my spotter, at a range of about 1.5 miles. Didn't watch long, because I didn't want to see it fall off. Would have had to call Dink, because it would have taken a MAN to go get it where that bull was located.

Lots of bulls still packing...

"I'm about 8 miles into my shed hunting this year with nothing to show for it. "

That adds up to part of a day the way I go about it. Getting skunked for a day is no biggie, albeit unsatisfactory.

Being April and all, is anyone concerned with the large numbers of animals you all are seeing still packing (or not dropping)? Or is it normal for this to be the case in April?

I don't think it's unusual. I've only been out here a couple years ago, but from what I've seen, most don't start dropping until April. Some might dump them in March, but all the bulls I've seen around town and in the park usually are still carrying in early April.

I have picked up an antler in mid-April and then driven over the hill to find 8 bulls together and still packin'.

No worries, they are like people, they are all different. Even from one Mtn range to another.

The blood curling screams from that goat were enough to make a man shudder. I was glad I was a good distance away from the action/scene of the crime.

Khunter hardly has to hike for elk sheds, for the 2 times a year he goes, he usually does ok.

Khunters good side?

P1010909.jpg

That 5-pt in the pic dink posted is hard to see but scored 141 and change despite missing a couple inches on the 3rd. Talk about making 300" the hard way.

Spotted some bone while driving over to Krispy Cream for donuts and coffee this morning. Went for a short hike and picked these up. the others were too heavy and bulky with a small day pack and had to leave them so hopefully they will still be there when I get a chance to go back...This is a wooded area behind my dentist's office that always seems to get overlooked.

Attachments

• Kpackingsheds.JPG
    Kpackingsheds.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:
Khunter, that is awesome!! Man, i'm getting the itch really bad, never been this far into the year without at least going to check em out.........

That 5-pt in the pic dink posted is hard to see but scored 141 and change despite missing a couple inches on the 3rd. Talk about making 300" the hard way.

Spotted some bone while driving over to Krispy Cream for donuts and coffee this morning. Went for a short hike and picked these up. the others were too heavy and bulky with a small day pack and had to leave them so hopefully they will still be there when I get a chance to go back...This is a wooded area behind my dentist's office that always seems to get overlooked.

Hey, I recognize your dentist!

Back