Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

There was a power outage last night so my alarm didn't go off and I got a late start to glassing before work. Was rushed to make my coffee but managed to get a whole pot brewed. Good thing, as when I pulled back into town, I saw the line at the espresso hut was 6 cars deep.. it used to be so different, very sad. It's a whole new vibe and I'm not feeling very welcome anymore.

The public land wildlife sightings were pretty dismal this AM .. a herd of sheep, 2 mtn goats, 5 bull elk, 3 mule deer bucks, a couple whitetail does, 1 black bear (almost ran him over), and 2 coyotes. Made it back to town for my 9AM - barely.

My kids said they wanted to take me fishing somewhere this weekend around here and all I hear is the fishing is horrible and crowded around Bozeman. I'm not looking forward to this at all. I predict I'll be ready to move to Billings mid next week.

There was a power outage last night so my alarm didn't go off and I got a late start to glassing before work. Was rushed to make my coffee but managed to get a whole pot brewed. Good thing, as when I pulled back into town, I saw the line at the espresso hut was 6 cars deep.. it used to be so different, very sad. It's a whole new vibe and I'm not feeling very welcome anymore.

The public land wildlife sightings were pretty dismal this AM .. a herd of sheep, 2 mtn goats, 5 bull elk, 3 mule deer bucks, a couple whitetail does, 1 black bear (almost ran him over), and 2 coyotes. Made it back to town for my 9AM - barely.

My kids said they wanted to take me fishing somewhere this weekend around here and all I hear is the fishing is horrible and crowded around Bozeman. I'm not looking forward to this at all. I predict I'll be ready to move to Billings mid next week.
Sounds like a slow morning, maybe give Norris rd a try. Lots of game and not quite the commitment of having to mess with a 4 wheeler and all the busy traffic down the canyon 😆.

Also, can’t help but notice the NL pures, I’m guessing those super expensive rooms you rent out have something to do with them. I’m surprised the Utah real-estate/hunter influencers haven’t began to migrate in at a higher rate. It won’t be long once they start catching on.

This AM up the canyon. Also a before work trip.
IMG_3627.pngIMG_3628.jpeg

Over, in a slum east of the overrated town of Bozeman, this early morning found me going to run dogs from horseback. On the drive, with no binoculars, I saw a herd of elk with a very nice bull among them. There was also a rag horn bull, so the bigger bull is tolerating him for now.

I generally see a few buck mule deer on the drive in, none of great size, but as big as they get, most of the time, anymore.

There is hardly a place in Montana that does not offer a chance to see wildlife.

Over, in a slum east of the overrated town of Bozeman, this early morning found me going to run dogs from horseback. On the drive, with no binoculars, I saw a herd of elk with a very nice bull among them. There was also a rag horn bull, so the bigger bull is tolerating him for now.

I generally see a few buck mule deer on the drive in, none of great size, but as big as they get, most of the time, anymore.

There is hardly a place in Montana that does not offer a chance to see wildlife.
But does your barista know you by name, wear a low cut blouse and wink at you when you order your morning pumpkin spiced latte?

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back