MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

It’s great to see all those towns on the list out west. I love visiting western MT and could absolutely live there. I enjoy the quiet of the eastern part of this state. There are a surprising number of people from WA and CA starting to move out here though too. 🤔

Lol, three of the top five towns to live in are Bozeman.
I mean - it’s pretty terrible here.

Unfortunately the unfinished room in my basement went for $650/week so that’s no longer available. I do have a small 10x8 utility room down there with an old clanking iron boiler and water heater. I’d could stuff a futon in there and would consider anything over 350/week. Would need a full security deposit, first and last months rent, references and you’d have to use the little stinker outside and garden hose to shower.

Unfortunately the unfinished room in my basement went for $650/week so that’s no longer available. I do have a small 10x8 utility room down there with an old clanking iron boiler and water heater. I’d could stuff a futon in there and would consider anything over 350/week. Would need a full security deposit, first and last months rent, references and you’d have to use the little stinker outside and garden hose to shower.
Sold.

You have a rando living in your basement?

From context, I'm assuming some article was shared about greatest places to live in MT, which is almost always a rotating collection of the more touristy or college towns like missoula, big sky, bozeman, whitefish, and a few of the other bigger cities in the western half of the state.

So time for an admission: I worked in reception at a law firm in Missoula one summer, and because I was bored I piled on to the vote for Outside Magazine's best town in America. The final vote was between Jackson WY, some place in MI or MN, and Billings. There was no limit to how many times folks could vote. I maintain that most anywhere in MT is better than anywhere in some other state, ergo:

https://www.outsideonline.com/video/why-billings-montana-best-town-2016/

Outside Magazine no longer lets people vote on this ;P

Personally, I'd rather live in the bitteroot than Bozeman!
It's pretty awesome in the 'root. Today was pretty special...

Taken about 45 minutes ago, St. Marys ripping pretty good, 200+ foot flame lengths on the front edge.

70365.jpeg

The 70 mph winds raised hell with the trees. Dodged trees on the highway coming back from Wisdom, Darby area was real bad with trees across the highway. Didn't see more than half a dozen houses with trees across them, more cars with trees across them.

Taken about 45 minutes ago, St. Marys ripping pretty good, 200+ foot flame lengths on the front edge.

70365.jpeg

The 70 mph winds raised hell with the trees. Dodged trees on the highway coming back from Wisdom, Darby area was real bad with trees across the highway. Didn't see more than half a dozen houses with trees across them, more cars with trees across them.
Shoot! I was planning to make a trip to check out some country in that area this weekend.

Huge out of control fire in SE MT this last day as well. Sad how fast and damaging they can be. Tongue river country south of Ashland - 130k+ acres in like a half day. So many fires over there all the time. Bozeman county long overdue south of town.
Most intense fire I have ever seen. It was a long day. Fire was just north of the WY boarder on Powder River 32 hours ago, now it is half way between Ashland and Birney.

Huge out of control fire in SE MT this last day as well. Sad how fast and damaging they can be. Tongue river country south of Ashland - 130k+ acres in like a half day. So many fires over there all the time. Bozeman county long overdue south of town.
Glassing sucked today.

70365.jpeg

When did that one fire up? I just went through that whole stretch less than a week ago.

Just removed approx 4 pages worth of derailment posts and measuring contests.
Trying to keep the thread open for you verse deleting it all together.

If some of you want to continue your talk about who is better than who, I can make you a power point on how to use the PM function.
I thought this was America

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back