Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Big Tech earning conferences at bat.

The next big test for the markets comes this week as Big Tech reports Q2 results. OpenAI-backer Microsoft (MSFT) is on tap after today's closing bell, while Meta (META) will publish quarterly numbers tomorrow, followed by Apple (AAPL) and Amazon (AMZN) on Thursday. As in past quarters, the group of Mag7 stocks is estimated to account for the majority of earnings for the entire S&P 500 Index, but this time around, the accompanying commentary should be more of an important indicator of sentiment due to the recent rotation.

Early innings: Optimism over AI has undoubtedly been one of the biggest drivers that has propelled market indices to continuous record highs. The biggest tech players in the industry are flush with cash, so it makes sense to deploy capital to areas they see as the next engine for growth. Their core businesses are also doing extremely well, so it makes sense to keep one eye on the long term and build out the infrastructure necessary for the anticipated revolution.

However... Investors also now want to hear how all that spending will lead to profits, and understand artificial intelligence use cases and productivity models. The Big Tech giants don't necessarily have to show off revenues related to AI just yet, but painting that picture should be enough to keep shareholders in gear until that materializes. Successful conference calls and earnings commentary should separate capex spending from actual operating results, while outlining the need to go big at first and following up with more cost discipline (similar to the internet buildout in the 1990s and the cloud buildout that followed).

Nat Gas has been taking a beating lately. Hard to explain given heat waves typically mean more use for electric. Took a chance on that today.
Lately, we have been getting many offers to buy (rather than lease) mineral interests, citing low natural gas prices and a glut in storage.

So, as Charlie Chan would say, two possibilities:

1. They are just really nice and want to give us money, or
  2. They see the price going up
Saw the same thing during Covid.

Ooof. Rough report.
Sure hope you shorted INTC. (Told ya, opposite my info)

Cringing effect took place listening to the earnings conference.

Swear, I alone, control the market. Hah!

Will be a great buy price once that labor cut completes and the AI agreement goes into effect.

Sure hope you shorted INTC. (Told ya, opposite my info)

Cringing effect took place listening to the earnings conference.

Swear, I alone, control the market. Hah!

Will be a great buy price once that labor cut completes and the AI agreement goes into effect.
I dunno intc is a bit of a dinosaur and missed the wagon more than once.

This is what happens when everyone is on the same side of the boat and vol is oversupplied. All the positions have to brought back in balance. It looks like a refreshing cleansing up to this point. But I'm not sure what is on sale and what just got back to a more reasonable valuation. The vol sellers will be back at these prices.

Screenshot 2024-08-02 at 9.07.44 AM.png

I'm forcing myself to sit on my hands for the day. I had several things hit limits and sell off this week. I have no idea what to do lol.

I love these days. I always like to ponder the stocks that are green today in a sea of red

Hate these days. In it for the long haul but still bothersome for someone not into the roulette wheel that individual stocks are and with most of their money in retirement plans.

This is what happens when everyone is on the same side of the boat and vol is oversupplied. All the positions have to brought back in balance. It looks like a refreshing cleansing up to this point. But I'm not sure what is on sale and what just got back to a more reasonable valuation. The vol sellers will be back at these prices.

View attachment 334997
Came here to post this……….

Attachments

• IMG_3340.png
    IMG_3340.png
    159 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22