Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2024 Garden!

last 3 mornings have been a killer. 3 days of 30*. Heaters in 3 greenhouses and frost blankets on 2 beds outside. Saved the corn and cantaloupe and cucumbers. It didn't hurt to cover the plants with dirt and the blankets. Uncovered the plants during the day. Have small hoop houses with plastic on them and even covered the plants inside with frost blankets. Need to buy a roll of "over winter cloth" to help with the June freezes from now on out.
Hoping all will be good from now on out. Suppose to be 93 by this weekend.
Real tough being a gardener here.

Had 2 early cherry tomatoes ripe and the rest still green. I watered a few times but we need rain really, really bad! Of course, tonight's radar forecast is putting @Nick87 and I in the shitstorm tonight.

Had 2 early cherry tomatoes ripe and the rest still green. I watered a few times but we need rain really, really bad! Of course, tonight's radar forecast is putting @Nick87 and I in the shitstorm tonight.
1 to 2 inches tonight. We can use it. I've got a couple cherries that need a few more days and they'll be ready as well.

We're getting loads of rain but also got below aversge temps. Finally got to put everything in the ground late May but the weather's been on and off, and only a few things have started to come out... My apple trees are thriving though!!!

1 to 2 inches tonight. We can use it. I've got a couple cherries that need a few more days and they'll be ready as well.
Yall stay safe. We've had 3/4" in the last 45 days. Normal rainfall here is 5-5.5" per month.

What's rain?
Can't depend on rain so it's hand watering most evenings. I have hoses all over.

It wasn't in the forecast but we had a good rain last night in west central illinois. We really needed it.

At 49 degrees latitude Walla Walla's and Sweet Peas are all that I can start for now. More soon.View attachment 320644
Well, it is already getting to the end of June. Been cold on the coast so fat, the garden is looking for some sun, but plants are up.

Attachments

• 20240620_192825.jpg
    20240620_192825.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyL
Back