Yoga?

Late to this but wanted to comment. I'd like to try yoga I think. I'm as flexible as a board. But I like a cardio aspect to my workouts. For those who do yoga, does it get the heart rate up to 165-170? Or do I need to go to Pilates? That seems like a better fit for what I like, as far as a core workout that also makes you suck wind?

Late to this but wanted to comment. I'd like to try yoga I think. I'm as flexible as a board. But I like a cardio aspect to my workouts. For those who do yoga, does it get the heart rate up to 165-170? Or do I need to go to Pilates? That seems like a better fit for what I like, as far as a core workout that also makes you suck wind?
Do a hot yoga class.

Not the goal of yoga. Core and balance will work, but it's not cardio. It's at least as important though as we age. Balance and flexibility and will work core strength

So there's this thing my gf uses called ClassPass. Basically you pay around $60 CDN a month and get 30 credits to use at various fitness studios around the city, We work out together regularly, but she was wanting me to give it a try to see if there's other fitness things we can do together. On a free trial right now, already tried spin, barre, and crossfit. They all are great workouts, but I am not seeing them as offering anything more than my regular strength and cardio routine.

This week, going to try yoga. I know the stigma around it, and I'm sure there will be plenty of jokes in this thread which I'm prepared for, but yoga is the one that I'm actually most excited to try. Flexibility and core strength are of huge benefit in the backcountry, and also the mental benefits seem like they would be worth it as well. Admittedly, I don't know much other than a cursory knowledge, so I was wondering if anyone has tried/does yoga, and what the results were? Am I just getting hyped for nothing?

And no, I will not be wearing exclusively Lululemon from now on.
Also try doing weights

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yvk253
Back