Caribou Gear Tarp

Workout shoes

OK, you Brooks and Hoka guys.

I wore Brooks for years. Then I got so into my Hoffman boots that I wore them literally every day for 6 years.
I decided this week that this was keeping me from putting in the trail time I need. Tried some Hoka and they don't work with my EEEE feet. I tried on a pair of Altra Lone Peak 8 trail runners and it was instant love.

I have duck feet and they just fit. After all those years in boots they are like being barefoot.

I put about 600 miles on a pair of hoka Clifton 8's.
They were very comfortable at the beginning but completely shot by the end which could be expected from a foam sole.
I'm about 450 miles into a pair of tecton x 2's and couldn't be happier.
ive considered trying out a set of speed goats but will prob just re-up the Tectons before a 100k trail race in august.

OK, you Brooks and Hoka guys.

I wore Brooks for years. Then I got so into my Hoffman boots that I wore them literally every day for 6 years.
I decided this week that this was keeping me from putting in the trail time I need. Tried some Hoka and they don't work with my EEEE feet. I tried on a pair of Altra Lone Peak 8 trail runners and it was instant love.

I have duck feet and they just fit. After all those years in boots they are like being barefoot.
I’ve tried on altras a number of times and really like the feel of them but I always get a little worried about the zero drop in them. Everyone I know with them says you adapt and get used to it but I just can’t pull the trigger mentally

I’m on my 4th(?) pair of brooks cascadia trail shoes. Lots of the miles on them are hiking the bike trails on the mountain between us with a weighted pack on. I’ve worn them hunting a few times in September when I don’t expect to get wet. Packed out one bull in them.

I’ve been in Hoka’s for several years. I have special need for high cushion and high stability due to weak and arthritic ankle, so I like that they rate their various models across those dimensions. For the most part, I think they are butt-ass ugly, and they do tend to wear out quickly, but they serve my unique needs and do make a difference in my arthritic pain.
I love the vibrant colors.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregmilly27
Back