Kenetrek Boots

Wyoming unit 100

Wow thank you everyone for the information. We will have 10-11 days in the unit depending on if we drive staright through coming back home or stay over in Cheyenne. I am looking forawd to the hunt and apperciate any help

Wow thank you everyone for the information. We will have 10-11 days in the unit depending on if we drive staright through coming back home or stay over in Cheyenne. I am looking forawd to the hunt and apperciate any help
you are going to have about an entire extra week of time to kill. Make sure to bring a fishing rod and/or shotgun to fill that time.

We burned some points and hunted cow elk up there last fall in the Jack Morrow Hills, took the kids, it was a riot. The elk herds were quite spooky in that area and there isn't a lot of great cover for stalking, they kind of ping-pong around the valley between the road hunters, but we got it done in 2 days by making the kids walk a bit. It wasn't muddy, but you could tell it had been recently and that it gets real nasty when it rains.

8C66CEDE-CE31-4344-B3A3-24A4CE1E3FDC.jpeg
F1E9804F-875B-4BA5-B000-000BAA1E415A.jpeg

We burned some points and hunted cow elk up there last fall in the Jack Morrow Hills, took the kids, it was a riot. The elk herds were quite spooky in that area and there isn't a lot of great cover for stalking, they kind of ping-pong around the valley between the road hunters, but we got it done in 2 days by making the kids walk a bit. It wasn't muddy, but you could tell it had been recently and that it gets real nasty when it rains.

View attachment 333699
View attachment 333700
Looks like a great time, thanks for posting. Nice to have some trees for the camp.

I’m looking at the 100-4 cow tag next year for my son and hunt the bow season. He likes the desert country.

Looks like a great time, thanks for posting. Nice to have some trees for the camp.

I’m looking at the 100-4 cow tag next year for my son and hunt the bow season. He likes the desert country.

If you draw shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
Make that stop in Laramie, depending on whether or not here is a home football game. Might be fun if there is anyway.
Close to some grouse hunting and fishing if you tag out early.
The Snowies should be part of your drive over one way or another.
Show us your buddy's bull at The Library, I'll buy you a beer.

My buddy and I hunted SE of farson last year with a 100-2 tag and we had the most fun hunt ever in some awesome country.We hunted off of route 21 near Rock Cabin creek hiking from our camp by the road.We never needed an atv.but the main gravel road got terrible after the rain and had to chain up all 4s to get back from Farson after a trip for gas.We both got 4x5s with our crossbows which we called in from a mile away.You will have a ball.Cell coverage only in spots.

Make that stop in Laramie, depending on whether or not here is a home football game. Might be fun if there is anyway.
Close to some grouse hunting and fishing if you tag out early.
The Snowies should be part of your drive over one way or another.
Show us your buddy's bull at The Library, I'll buy you a beer.

Well I just looked at the menu and now I want to stop to eat.
The University of Wyoming is my sons back up plan if he doesn't get into the Air Force academy so I might be up there quite a bit in a couple years

thanks guys. Definitely will bring a pole or two to do some fishing
Also might bring the calls and the 6x45 and see if I can call some coyotes up. What grouse would be in season? I’ve never shot a grouse. I’ve seen some sage grouse antelope hunting but I think the season will be closed on them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back