Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado unit 49

I spend 100 days/year hiking and photographing elk in 49. Every year I assist hunters new to the unit because it takes years to draw the tag, hard to get experience here and because they impress me as people and sportspeople. I am a democrat. Don't even ask. Instead, take the hints posted here and step back from being that guy who shows up on HT just to find out where experienced hunters kill game.
Not trying to find honey holes. Just peoples experience.

Archery draw in unit 49 for 2023 took non-res. eight points either sex. With point creep your buddy has a decent chance of getting a tag. What is it that "draws" you to 49 so much?
Honestly it was the “best” unit as far as points go that he can get into with 10 points. I guess for him it’s hard to justify going to a 5 point unit with 10 points.

I spend 100 days/year hiking and photographing elk in 49. Every year I assist hunters new to the unit because it takes years to draw the tag, hard to get experience here and because they impress me as people and sportspeople. I am a democrat. Don't even ask. Instead, take the hints posted here and step back from being that guy who shows up on HT just to find out where experienced hunters kill game.
And when someone jumps on me when all I’m doing is asking questions I’m definitely gonna stand my ground. Felt like I got attacked so I attacked back. And I’m glad you help people that’s awesome. I don’t have much experience out west so the amount of info I’m able to share with people is limited. That is why I’m asking question not answering them. Hope that makes sense

Do you think odds will start to change for units like this when the draws change?

Do you think odds will start to change for units like this when the draws change?
Not a lot. 49 would take 2 less points if it was on the west slope. It is 90 min from Denver and there are lots of hunters looking for good limited hunting without driving for a day to get there. The highway past 49 (east side) is US 285, the 2nd busiest route into the mountains from Denver (after I70). On Friday and Sunday afternoons it has a steady stream of Denver vehicles.

Not a lot. 49 would take 2 less points if it was on the west slope. It is 90 min from Denver and there are lots of hunters looking for good limited hunting without driving for a day to get there. The highway past 49 (east side) is US 285, the 2nd busiest route into the mountains from Denver (after I70). On Friday and Sunday afternoons it has a steady stream of Denver vehicles.
Your exactly correct! 285 from Denver, through Fairplay over Trout Creek Pass down to Buena Vista the last few years has become very conjested. Anyone driving the highway should do so with a lot of caution, it's NOT a high-speed highway. Lots of "close" calls!!

And when someone jumps on me when all I’m doing is asking questions I’m definitely gonna stand my ground. Felt like I got attacked so I attacked back. And I’m glad you help people that’s awesome. I don’t have much experience out west so the amount of info I’m able to share with people is limited. That is why I’m asking question not answering them. Hope that makes sense
I am going to PM you re unit 49, you'll like what I've got for you!

Kenetrek Boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
homer1983
Back