Who here shoots a peep sight?

How do you like your rear peep. I've got it set all the way to the rear and I've git just a sliver and I mean sliver between the rear peep ring and front. If I slide it to the front the rear peep covers the front ring. Seems like it's better alignment if you have that tiny sliver of daylight between the rings. I hope that makes sense.

Makes sense. I set mine up as far apart as possible because I want the longest sight radius and my eyes naturally center the front sight and not the globe itself.

I actually shoot better without seeing the front globe. I struggle with lining up rear circle (peep), globe, and front sight. Not having the front globe in the equation works better for me.

I love my peep setup. I am amazed how well our eyes can center things. I’ve shot a targets out to 200 yards and sitting there lining up for the shot I’m thinking “this is a waste. I can barely see the target, let alone aim at the center” then I shoot and walk down there and there’s a big 50 cal hole roughly in the middle.

They make so many aperture diameters that if you feel that you need to fine tune that you can for relatively little cost. However, I think you are better off not focusing on the rear peep or the front globe and just the front sight. I’m also big fan of sighting in where I’m covering vitals and not “posting” my target.

Makes sense. I set mine up as far apart as possible because I want the longest sight radius and my eyes naturally center the front sight and not the globe itself.

I actually shoot better without seeing the front globe. I struggle with lining up rear circle (peep), globe, and front sight. Not having the front globe in the equation works better for me.

I love my peep setup. I am amazed how well our eyes can center things. I’ve shot a targets out to 200 yards and sitting there lining up for the shot I’m thinking “this is a waste. I can barely see the target, let alone aim at the center” then I shoot and walk down there and there’s a big 50 cal hole roughly in the middle.

They make so many aperture diameters that if you feel that you need to fine tune that you can for relatively little cost. However, I think you are better off not focusing on the rear peep or the front globe and just the front sight. I’m also big fan of sighting in where I’m covering vitals and not “posting” my target.
Thanks. I have never shot a peep with a globe but just looking through this new one I am liking it. Can't wait to give it a try.

Some day I really want a nice lever gun, maybe a .35 Remington, maybe a .348 win, maybe a .444 or .45-70, with a good set of peep sights. My dad had an M1 garand and M1 carbine that I shot a lot when I was a kid and they gave me an appreciation for how accurate a good set of peep sights can be.

Who here shoots a peep on there rifle or muzzleloader? I've git a question about what the appropriate placement is in connection with the front globe. @BrentD ? @Addicting ?
Yep, I do it all the time. From point blank to 1000 yds.

It can be a bit tricky because of the height of the wrist. The type of sight to use depends on application and front sight.

I use one on my M1 Carbine.
Came attached to the gun when I bought it.

Mine has the guard on each side of the front post to protect it.
Gotta watch sometimes as if i get in a hurry, I pick up one of the guards, instead of the front sight.
Puts my rounds about 6ft left or right.

I have aperture sights on my M1 carbine as well as my old sporterized Carcano and Steyr rifles. I like them much better than regular notch sights, but as with any iron sights, you give up about 10-15 minutes of shooting light compared with a scope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honkerdwn
Back